* mtxrun exit code
@ 2020-05-29  9:20 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2020-05-29  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

I am producing a series of files in a shell script with mtxrun --autogenerate --script context input
Doing exit mtxrun... shows there is no exit number to test in the shell, or to ste a shell variable to that value.

I can set a global macro \ExitStatus to an exit value depending on success or failure, pass that on to mtxrun as exit statusd and test that in the script.

For example:
\starttext
  \xmlprocessbuffer{notes}{notes}{}
  \doif{\ExitStatus}{notok}{"let mtxrun return value 1 as error in UNIX"}
\stoptext

After that it would be possible in the shell script to delete the pdf produced, what is my intention in this case.

Is this an option or is there presently another (standard) procedure to communicate from ConTeXt to the shell.

dr. Hans van der Meer

* Re: mtxrun exit code
@ 2020-05-29  9:35 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2020-05-29  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 29 May 2020 11:20:22 +0200
Hans van der Meer <havdmeer@ziggo.nl> wrote:

> I am producing a series of files in a shell script with mtxrun
> --autogenerate --script context input Doing exit mtxrun... shows
> there is no exit number to test in the shell

The exit code from mtxrun works here:

printf '%s\n' '\bye' > good.tex && mtxrun --autogenerate --script context good.tex; echo $?
0

printf '%s\n' '\by' > bad.tex && mtxrun --autogenerate --script context bad.tex; echo $?
1

Marco