From: Tomas Hala <tomas.hala@mendelu.cz>
To: Alain Delmotte <alain.delmotte@leliseron.org>
Subject: Re: Hyphenation pattern for Esperanto
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 17:26:30 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Alain,

in my email, I used official language codes: be=Belarussian, bg=Bulgarian, sr=Serbian.

The \installlanguage command is very important because it contains
definitions of the most frequently used typographic elements of the
given language, for details see below.

Looking forward for both lang-txt files. The sooner you will send it, the better.

The best,

Tomáš

Mon, Feb 22, 2021 ve 03:01:41PM +0100 Alain Delmotte napsal(a):
#    Hi Tomáš,
#
#    Thanks for your message.
#
#    First which country is "be"? If Belgium, pay attention that there are
#    three languages: Dutch (Flemish) French (a little bit different from
#    France French) and German (1% of the population).
#
#    Could you explain me the meaning of:
#
#    Le 21/02/2021 à 23:48, Tomas Hala a écrit :
#
#  And this one is also needed:
#
#  #      \installlanguage
#  #        [\s!esperanto]
#  #        [\c!spacing=\v!packed,
#  #         %\c!leftsentence=\emdash,
#  #         %\c!rightsentence=\emdash,
#  #         %\c!leftsubsentence=\emdash,
#  #         %\c!rightsubsentence=\emdash,
#  #         %\c!leftquote=\lowerleftdoubleninequote,
#  #         %\c!rightquote=\upperrightdoublesixquote,
#  #         %\c!leftquotation=\lowerleftdoubleninequote,
#  #         %\c!rightquotation=\upperrightdoublesixquote,
#  #         %\c!date={\v!year,~m.,\space,\v!month,\space,\v!day,~d.},
#  #         \s!patterns=eo,
#  #         \s!lefthyphenmin=2,
#  #         \s!righthyphenmin=2]

Values for \installlanguage:

* spacing: packed means no difference between interword and intersentence spaces.
* (left|right)sentence: punctuation marks -- very often dashes -- for included parts in some sentences.
* (left|right)quotation: definition of primary quotation marks.
* (left|right)quote: definition of secondary (nested) quotation marks.
* (left|right)hyphenmin: number of characters at the end of a line and at the beginning of the next line when the word is hyphenated.
* date: how the date should be typically typeset: order, spacing, or other signs or abbreviation or texts.

Those I do not know for eo, have been marked with a percent sign.

#    I have seen that the \lowerleftdoubleninequote,... are sometimes given by
#    the character itself “ ”,...
#    For the date, is it the order of the part of the date yyy mm dd?
#
#    I did prepare the file lang-txt.lua and did send it to two friends for
#    checking, I wait for their answer (I hope not to long).
#
#    I also have the pattern for hyphenation, the one from TeXLive uses
#    fonctions to shorten the length of the file.
#
#    For French, I'll do it and send it to you.
#
#    Thanks for taking care of this.
#
#      Regards,