From: Alan Braslau <braslau.list@comcast.net>
To: <denis.maier@unibe.ch>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Different authorconversion for citation alternatives and bibliographic entries
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:49:56 -0600	[thread overview]

On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 19:40:06 +0000
<denis.maier@unibe.ch> wrote:

> [...]

First of all, come to a consensus on a clear style guide to base this
on, so as not to run after ambiguous and perhaps contradictory
specifications. This would be distinct from the APA (author-year) model
as well as from the minimalist APS (numbered) style. Could this perhaps
be the Chicago style? (does that have a footnote specification?)

Secondly, identify users who would be willing to spend time testing and
giving feedback.

Thirdly, motivate Hans and myself to spend time on this (implementing
or helping implement), for neither of us use the footnote style.

So it can be done, and such a model is presently missing.

Alan