* footnotes not aligned if tabulate cell is centered.
       [not found] <20211231183427.7fea7fcb.ref@desktop.home>
@ 2021-12-31 13:04 ` Ajith R via ntg-context
From: Ajith R via ntg-context @ 2021-12-31 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to prepare a moderate sized document in Malayalam using
Context. Overall I have been successful. However, there are a few rough
edges for which I need help. This is the seventh (and the last one for
now) problem I face.

When I use local footnotes within a tabulate section, the foot notes
gets placed unevenly. If I remove the "c" from
\starttabulate[|p(3cm)c|p|], then the footnotes are aligned. Is it a
bug? If not, how can I correct it?

\starttext \startlocalfootnotes
\starttabulate[|p(10cm)c|p|]

\NC  [f]\footnote[f]{first foot note} first sentence\NC \NR
\NC [s]\footnote[f]{second foot note} second sentence\NC \NR

\NC \JustLeft{\placelocalfootnotes} \NC\FR
\stoptabulate
\stoplocalfootnotes
\stoptext

Thanks,
ajith

* Re: footnotes not aligned if tabulate cell is centered.
@ 2021-12-31 13:35   ` Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context
From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context @ 2021-12-31 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ajith R via ntg-context schrieb am 31.12.2021 um 14:04:
> Hi,
> I am trying to prepare a moderate sized document in Malayalam using
> Context. Overall I have been successful. However, there are a few rough
> edges for which I need help. This is the seventh (and the last one for
> now) problem I face.
>
> When I use local footnotes within a tabulate section, the foot notes
> gets placed unevenly. If I remove the "c" from
> \starttabulate[|p(3cm)c|p|], then the footnotes are aligned. Is it a
> bug? If not, how can I correct it?

1. Provide the correct number of columns in your table because in the
preamble you specify two columns but each row in your table contains
only a single row.

2. Drop the \JustLeft command which works only with the \starttable
environment.

3. To change the alignment for the footnote entries add \raggedright
before you flush them, e.g.

     \NC \raggedright \placelocalfootnotes \NC\NR

Wolfgang

* Re: footnotes not aligned if tabulate cell is centered.
@ 2022-01-01  7:13     ` Ajith R via ntg-context
From: Ajith R via ntg-context @ 2022-01-01  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 14:35:57 +0100
Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Provide the correct number of columns in your table because in the
> preamble you specify two columns but each row in your table contains
> only a single row.
That was an error that creeped in while preparing the example. My
actual table contains two columns.

> 2. Drop the \JustLeft command which works only with the \starttable
> environment.
>
> 3. To change the alignment for the footnote entries add \raggedright
> before you flush them, e.g.
>
>      \NC \raggedright \placelocalfootnotes \NC\NR

This did correct the problem I had.

Thanks a lot Wolfgang Schuster

regards,
ajith