* [NTG-context] An strange error with section and page
@ 2023-08-22 17:32 Xavier B.
From: Xavier B. @ 2023-08-22 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a long document [https://repo.or.cz/apunts-espa-matematiques.git/blob/HEAD:/ng-exercicis.conTeXt.pdf] which I migrated from MKIV to LMTX version of ConTeXt. As Wolfgang recommened. I migrated old syntax to new one and replace \page[yes] before each section to

\setupheads[section][style={\bf \ssc}, alternative=margin, page=yes]

but now after each section there is a new page.

Why? I don't know.
Can someone help me to see what happens?

The source code is here [https://repo.or.cz/apunts-espa-matematiques.git]

Thanks in advance,
Xavier

PS: Please CCme

* [NTG-context] Re: An strange error with section and page
@ 2023-08-22 18:06 ` Wolfgang Schuster
       [not found]   ` <20230823150217.10323e0d4c68d08793efb572@posteo.net>
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2023-08-22 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier B. schrieb am 22.08.2023 um 19:32:
> Hi,
>
> I have a long document [https://repo.or.cz/apunts-espa-matematiques.git/blob/HEAD:/ng-exercicis.conTeXt.pdf] which I migrated from MKIV to LMTX version of ConTeXt. As Wolfgang recommened. I migrated old syntax to new one and replace \page[yes] before each section to
>
> \setupheads[section][style={\bf \ssc}, alternative=margin, page=yes]
>
> but now after each section there is a new page.
>
> Why? I don't know.
> Can someone help me to see what happens?
>
> The source code is here [https://repo.or.cz/apunts-espa-matematiques.git]

You're using the structure for section of the following example in your
document. This is a problem
because subjects are the same level as section or to be precise,
subjects are unnumbered versions
of sections and inherit all settings from them unless configured otherwise.

While the solution here is to convert all subject headings to subsubject
(be sure to also take care
of even lower section) a quick way to fix the page break is to disable
the page-value for subject,
look at the commented line in the example how this can be done.

%%%% begin example
\setuphead[section][page=yes]
%\setuphead[subject][page=no]

\starttext

\startsection[title=Section]

\startsubject [title=Subject]

\stopsubject

\stopsection

\stoptext
%%%% end example

Wolfgang

* [NTG-context] Re: An strange error with section and page
@ 2023-08-23  9:53   ` Xavier B.
       [not found]   ` <20230823150217.10323e0d4c68d08793efb572@posteo.net>
From: Xavier B. @ 2023-08-23  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:06:52 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> ha escrit:

> While the solution here is to convert all subject headings to subsubject
> (be sure to also take care
> of even lower section) a quick way to fix the page break is to disable
> the page-value for subject,
> look at the commented line in the example how this can be done.
>
> %%%% begin example
> \setuphead[section][page=yes]
> %\setuphead[subject][page=no]

Thank you VERY much.
You solved my problem

Xavier

@ 2023-08-23 20:04     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2023-08-23 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xavier B. schrieb am 23.08.2023 um 15:02:
> Wolfgang,
>
> I detect something extrange: when I use \startexercici \stopexercici (see [https://repo.or.cz/apunts-espa-matematiques.git/blob/HEAD:/ng-entorn-minimal.conTeXt]) in some cases there is an *undesired* indent (see attachment image). I saw the source [https://repo.or.cz/apunts-espa-matematiques.git/blob/HEAD:/ng-aritmetica-problemes-nombres-fraccions.conTeXt] which is the first time it happens.
>
> I don't see anything weird.
>
> Can you please help me?

I found the problem but I have to discuss it with Hans.

Wolfgang

* [NTG-context] Re: An strange error with section and page
@ 2023-08-24  9:23       ` Xavier B.
From: Xavier B. @ 2023-08-24  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oh!!!! Awesome.

I'm looking forward to the solution.

Thanks a lot,
Xavier

On Wed, 23 Aug 2023 22:04:36 +0200

@ 2023-08-27 17:54       ` Xavier B.
From: Xavier B. @ 2023-08-27 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is the state of this problem?
Is it some deadline here?

I need to have a "production" document in mid september to show to my students.
Can you please make a "push" in this topic.

@ 2023-08-27 19:24         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2023-08-27 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)