* Help to SPLIT TABLE caption numbering CORRECTLY
@ 2010-12-17 10:17 barndog1946
From: barndog1946 @ 2010-12-17 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans,

PLEASE take a look at

\placetable and fix numbering so that when a long table is split the
numbering is:

1
1 (continued)
1(continued)

and while you are there could we get :

open header on top of continued table and footer that states:

table continued

just like LaTeX \longtables

Here is a minimal example for Hans, which shows correct numbering for split
tables
which is currently wrong for MkIV:

\setuppapersize[A7][A7]

\starttext

\placetable
[split]
{Test 1}
{\bTABLE
\dorecurse{20}{\bTR\bTD #1 \eTD\eTR}
\eTABLE}

\placetable
{Test 2}
{\bTABLE
\bTR\bTD 1 \eTD\eTR
\eTABLE}

\stoptext

THANKS

barney

* Re: Help to SPLIT TABLE caption numbering CORRECTLY
@ 2010-12-21 11:31 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-12-21 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.12.2010 um 11:17 schrieb barndog1946@gmail.com:

> Hans,
>
> PLEASE take a look at
>
> \placetable and fix numbering so that when a long table is split the numbering is:
>
> 1
> 1 (continued)
> 1(continued)

With the new beta you can add

  \defineconversion[continued][{},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)}]

  \setupfloatsplitting[conversion=continued]

to your document, this will give the desired result for the numbering.

Wolfgang

* Re: Help to SPLIT TABLE caption numbering CORRECTLY
@ 2010-12-21 12:32   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-12-21 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21-12-2010 12:31, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> With the new beta you can add
>
>    \defineconversion[continued][{},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)}]
>
>    \setupfloatsplitting[conversion=continued]
>
> to your document, this will give the desired result for the numbering.

clever trick ... I added an example to the testbed

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-12-22 12:35     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-12-22 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.12.2010 um 13:32 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 21-12-2010 12:31, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> With the new beta you can add
>>
>>   \defineconversion[continued][{},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)}]
>>
>>   \setupfloatsplitting[conversion=continued]
>>
>> to your document, this will give the desired result for the numbering.
>
> clever trick ... I added an example to the testbed

Maybe a predefined conversion for this wouldn’t be too bad but we need then a better variant like this:

\def\continued#1%
  {\labeltext{\ifcase#1\or\else continued\fi}} % \v!continued

\defineconversion[continued][\continued]

\setuplabeltext[en][continued={ (continued)}]

BTW: \setupcaptions (str-flt.mkiv) needs as default argument for suffiseparator a “.”, it’s currently empty.

Wolfgang

* Re: Help to SPLIT TABLE caption numbering CORRECTLY
@ 2010-12-22 13:06       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-12-22 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22-12-2010 1:35, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 21.12.2010 um 13:32 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>> On 21-12-2010 12:31, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>>> With the new beta you can add
>>>
>>>    \defineconversion[continued][{},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)}]
>>>
>>>    \setupfloatsplitting[conversion=continued]
>>>
>>> to your document, this will give the desired result for the numbering.
>>
>> clever trick ... I added an example to the testbed
>
> Maybe a predefined conversion for this wouldn’t be too bad but we need then a better variant like this:
>
> \def\continued#1%
>    {\labeltext{\ifcase#1\or\else continued\fi}} % \v!continued
>
> \defineconversion[continued][\continued]
>
> \setuplabeltext[en][continued={ (continued)}]

ok, added but I've used \continuednumber  as it is less likely to clash

> BTW: \setupcaptions (str-flt.mkiv) needs as default argument for suffiseparator a “.”, it’s currently empty.

it depends, I was under the impression that 1a 1b ... 1z made more sense
as default than 1.a ... (in order to distinguish from number by section
cases)

maybe it's more fun to make continues the default conversion (and a
separator would look funny then)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found] <001636c5a46ad5c6080497ea51d4@google.com>
@ 2010-12-21 12:05 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-12-21 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.12.2010 um 12:55 schrieb barndog1946@gmail.com:

> Wolfgang,
>
> Thanks!
> Where and HOW do I get the new beta so I can put it in my MikTeX install???

Ask in the MiKTeX list how to update context, i use for myself the context minimals.

Wolfgang