* font scaling does not work in footnotes
@ 2016-01-12 15:56 massifr
From: massifr @ 2016-01-12 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello list,
I have a problem with font scaling (see "sc=SansCaps sa 1.5" below).

I'm using MyriadPro as sans font, but it lacks small caps.
So I decided to provide them using AlegreyaSansSC, because it's similar to MyriadPro and it's made of small caps only.
When I use \ss and \sc I get AlegreyaSC instead of MyriadPro.
I want to scale them differently to balance their weights.
That's why I wrote "sc=SansCaps sa 0.95".

In body text the two fonts are balanced, but in the footnotes the scaling is ignored.
What am I missing?

Here's (part of) the typescript:

\starttypescript [sans] [meo]
  \definefontsynonym [Sans]             [name:MyriadPro-Regular][features=meo,fallbacks=mancanti]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBold]         [name:MyriadPro-Bold][features=meo,fallbacks=mancanti]
  \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]       [name:MyriadPro-It][features=meo,fallbacks=mancanti]
% ...
  \definefontsynonym [SansCaps]         [name:AlegreyaSansSC-Medium][features=meo,smcp,fallbacks=mancanti]
  \definebodyfont
   [13pt,11pt,10pt,8pt,7pt,6pt]
   [ss]
   [tf=Sans sa 0.85,