* Downloading ConTeXt standalone alternatively
@ 2016-04-07 19:04 Jan Tosovsky
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2016-04-07 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

I've tried to install ConTeXt at work, but it failed because of blocked 873
port used by rsync. Our admins aren't going to open that port in foreseeable
future.

I don't have any computer outside the firewall to tunnel the port using 'nc'
program as described at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone -
and I am on Windows so I don't have 'ssh' either.

Looking into the first-setup.bat and especially to mtx-update.lua all files
seem to be picked up on demand and there isn't any repository for ConTeXt
Standalone I could download directly (that syncing is not crucial now).

Is there more efficient way than packing my home context folder and copying
& unpacking it in my work?

Thanks, Jan

* Re: Downloading ConTeXt standalone alternatively
@ 2016-04-07 19:49   ` Jan Tosovsky
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2016-04-07 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2016-04-07 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 4/7/2016 9:04 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
>
> > I don't have any computer outside the firewall to tunnel
> > the port using 'nc' program as described at
> > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone -
> > and I am on Windows so I don't have 'ssh' either.
>
> you have putty for ssh on windows

I meant commandline ssh program used for tunneling:

export RSYNC_CONNECT_PROG='ssh tunnelhost nc %H 873'

But I am not sure I understand it correctly.

       [not found] <01aa01d19100$43ab91c0$cb02b540$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2016-04-07 19:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-07 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context