* Re: Math setup with Times (Termes)
       [not found] <mailman.407.1258061400.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-12 23:40 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-12 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you everybody very much, esp. Mojca! You almost saved my life! )

In spite of previously said, I don't like mixing Termes with Times New
Roman, because e.g.  "M" in math looks rather like bold "M" in the text.
But I made a hack which works for me:

     { name = "timesi.ttf", vector = "tex-mi-txpx2", skewchar=0x7F },

I just replaced texgyretermes-italic.otf with timesi.ttf.
Unfortunatelly, I cannot modify the first line too, because some greek
letters are missed then, but I believe one day I could manage this )

mathematics.make_font ( "tx-math", {
     { name = "texgyretermes-regular.otf", features = "virtualmath",
main = true },
     { name = "rtxr.tfm", vector = "tex-mr" } ,
     { name = "rtxmi.tfm", vector = "tex-mi-txpx1", skewchar=0x7F },
     { name = "timesi.ttf", vector = "tex-mi-txpx2", skewchar=0x7F },
     { name = "txsy.tfm", vector = "tex-sy", skewchar=0x30, parameters =
true } ,
     { name = "txex.tfm", vector = "tex-ex", extension = true } ,
     { name = "txsya.tfm", vector = "tex-ma" },
     { name = "txsyb.tfm", vector = "tex-mb" },
} )

Perfect for the moment! Thanks again!

Best regards,
Vyatcheslav

* A few questions
       [not found] <mailman.407.1258061400.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-13  0:10 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-13  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I have a few (I suppose easy) questions:

1) asking about this again and again... how to setup itemization so that
the first line were indented too?

2) how to setup figure captions so that  they include section number, like
<sectionNumber>.<figureNumber>
(no sub-sub-subsections)?

3) How to start section numbering from, say, second section?

Regards,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: A few questions
@ 2009-11-13  8:51   ` Bernhard Rosensteiner
From: Bernhard Rosensteiner @ 2009-11-13  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

following the new structure code the answer for your second question is:

\definestructureprefixset[figureprefix][section-3]
\definestructureseparatorset [septest][--,--,--,---][?]
\setupstructurecountering[way=bysection, prefixset=figureprefix, prefixseparatorset=septest, prefixconnector=--]

explanation: with definestructureprefixset you declare a new prefix which is always inserted when it is invoked with the prefixset key (in this case section-3 is the section while section-2 is for example the chapter and so on... look in the source code for more) you can have \definestructureprefixset[figureprefix][section-2,section-3,section-4] for example and the prefix gets inserted at the right place in your figure number. \definestructureseparatorset [septest][--,--,--,---][?] works similar (the [?] is in this case the fallback when no specific separator is defined for that position). the prefixconnector is the character which gets inserted between the figure number and the rest of the prefixes. All that prefixthings you can also do with pagenumbers and section numbers...

i don´t know if this code will see some changes in newer context mkiv versions because i think it is still experimental but at the moment it works.

third question: you could define a new head with \definehead then it gets a new counter. When you only want that a specific sectionnumber is different from the others than do: \startsection [title=dritte section, ownnumber=243]

first question: i don´t know because i don´t needed it.

hope this helps

best regards
Bernhard

Am 13.11.2009 um 01:10 schrieb Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky:

> Hello,
>
> I have a few (I suppose easy) questions:
>
> 1) asking about this again and again... how to setup itemization so that the first line were indented too?
>
> 2) how to setup figure captions so that  they include section number, like
> <sectionNumber>.<figureNumber>
> (no sub-sub-subsections)?
>
> 3) How to start section numbering from, say, second section?
>
> Regards,
> Vyatcheslav

* Re: a few questions
@ 2009-11-13 14:29   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-11-13 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
<yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Concerning my first question "how to setup itemization so that the first
> line were indented too?" -- I disappointed very much because nobody can help
> me with it. I understand that it may outside of area of interest at the
> moment, but itemized list looks ugly, and my work cannot be done without
> fixing it.
Maybe you can try a patch by yourself .
I do this, sometime.

--
luigi

* Re: a few questions
@ 2009-11-13 14:18   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-11-13 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Concerning my first question "how to setup itemization so that the first
> line were indented too?" -- I disappointed very much because nobody can
> help me with it. I understand that it may outside of area of interest at
> the moment, but itemized list looks ugly, and my work cannot be done
> without fixing it.

I am not even sure what you want to achive, exactly. Can you create
a bit of 'ascii' art?

* Re: a few questions
       [not found] <mailman.412.1258102152.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-11-13 14:13 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2009-11-13 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you, Bernard!

Your snippet works perfectly, I just replaced prefixconnector with '.'

\definestructureprefixset[figureprefix][section-3]

\definestructureseparatorset [septest][--,--,--,---][?]

\setupstructurecountering[way=bysection, prefixset=figureprefix,
prefixseparatorset=septest, prefixconnector=.]

For third question, I already found the answer in the manual:

\setupheadnumber[section][1]     %The next section will have number 2