ntg-context - mailing list for ConTeXt users
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [NTG-context] xmlsetentity on the fly?
@ 2023-04-17 10:32 Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
  2023-04-17 11:00 ` Thomas A. Schmitz via ntg-context
  2023-04-17 16:11 ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Hans van der Meer via ntg-context @ 2023-04-17 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans van der Meer


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 446 bytes --]

I would like to change an entity 'on the fly'. Example

\def\DATE{THEDATE}\expanded{\xmlsetentity{DATE}{\DATE}}

\startxmlsetups typ:event

	\def\DATE{NEWDATE}\expanded{\xmlsetentity{DATE}{\DATE}}

Using &DATE; within the <event>.

\stopxmlsetups

However, using &DATE; inside an <event> always results in THEDATE and never in NEWDATE.

How can I change the value of the entity inside the xmlsetups?

dr. Hans van der Meer




[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 1692 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 496 bytes --]

___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
wiki     : https://contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [NTG-context] xmlsetentity on the fly?
  2023-04-17 10:32 [NTG-context] xmlsetentity on the fly? Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
@ 2023-04-17 11:00 ` Thomas A. Schmitz via ntg-context
  2023-04-17 11:28   ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
  2023-04-17 16:11 ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Thomas A. Schmitz via ntg-context @ 2023-04-17 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing list for ConTeXt users; +Cc: Thomas A. Schmitz

Use \xmltexentity

Thomas

> On 17. Apr 2023, at 12:32, Hans van der Meer via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
> 
> I would like to change an entity 'on the fly'. Example


___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
wiki     : https://contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [NTG-context] xmlsetentity on the fly?
  2023-04-17 11:00 ` Thomas A. Schmitz via ntg-context
@ 2023-04-17 11:28   ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Hans van der Meer via ntg-context @ 2023-04-17 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans van der Meer


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1093 bytes --]

> Use \xmltexentity

Already tried this. But doesn't work. I guess it has more to do with the definition of the entity in the stsrem.

met vriendelijke groet,
dr. Hans van der Meer
Burgemeester Rijnderslaan 244
1185 MC Amstelveen
tel. 020 6452701 / 06 53743629

> On 17 Apr 2023, at 13:00, Thomas A. Schmitz via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
> 
> Use \xmltexentity
> 
> Thomas
> 
>> On 17. Apr 2023, at 12:32, Hans van der Meer via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>> 
>> I would like to change an entity 'on the fly'. Example
> 
> 
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
> If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!
> 
> maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
> webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
> archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
> wiki     : https://contextgarden.net
> ___________________________________________________________________________________


[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 1560 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 496 bytes --]

___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
wiki     : https://contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [NTG-context] xmlsetentity on the fly?
  2023-04-17 10:32 [NTG-context] xmlsetentity on the fly? Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
  2023-04-17 11:00 ` Thomas A. Schmitz via ntg-context
@ 2023-04-17 16:11 ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
  2023-04-19  9:24   ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Hans van der Meer via ntg-context @ 2023-04-17 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans van der Meer


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 991 bytes --]

I tried 
\directlua{lxml.registerentity("DATE","NEWDATE")}
and
\directlua{lxml.registerentity("DATE","NEWDATE")}

but neither does effect a change in the entity.

Why is that entry not set in the Lua-table entities? (file xml-ent.lua) has as that function:

function xml.registerentity(key,value)
    entities[key] = value
    if trace_entities then
        report_xml("registering entity %a as %a",key,value)
    end
end


> On 17 Apr 2023, at 12:32, Hans van der Meer <havdmeer@ziggo.nl> wrote:
> 
> I would like to change an entity 'on the fly'. Example
> 
> \def\DATE{THEDATE}\expanded{\xmlsetentity{DATE}{\DATE}}
> 
> \startxmlsetups typ:event
> 
> 	\def\DATE{NEWDATE}\expanded{\xmlsetentity{DATE}{\DATE}}
> 
> Using &DATE; within the <event>.
> 
> \stopxmlsetups
> 
> However, using &DATE; inside an <event> always results in THEDATE and never in NEWDATE.
> 
> How can I change the value of the entity inside the xmlsetups?
> 

dr. Hans van der Meer

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 3345 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 496 bytes --]

___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
wiki     : https://contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [NTG-context] xmlsetentity on the fly?
  2023-04-17 16:11 ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
@ 2023-04-19  9:24   ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Hans van der Meer via ntg-context @ 2023-04-19  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans van der Meer


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2027 bytes --]

After some experiments I am now fairly convinced that the entities are substituted BEFORE the typesettting actually starts. And thus changing the entity on the fly will have no effect. Is there a flag that can be set in order to delay the substitution until the actual moment of typesetting that part of the input? I examined files lxml-ent.lua and lxml-tex.lua but could not find how to this.

dr. Hans van der Meer

> On 17 Apr 2023, at 18:11, Hans van der Meer via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
> 
> I tried 
> \directlua{xml.registerentity("DATE","NEWDATE")}
> 
> but neither does effect a change in the entity.
> 
> Why is that entry not set in the Lua-table entities? (file xml-ent.lua) has as that function:
> 
> function xml.registerentity(key,value)
>     entities[key] = value
>     if trace_entities then
>         report_xml("registering entity %a as %a",key,value)
>     end
> end
> 
> 
>> On 17 Apr 2023, at 12:32, Hans van der Meer <havdmeer@ziggo.nl> wrote:
>> 
>> I would like to change an entity 'on the fly'. Example
>> 
>> \def\DATE{THEDATE}\expanded{\xmlsetentity{DATE}{\DATE}}
>> 
>> \startxmlsetups typ:event
>> 
>> 	\def\DATE{NEWDATE}\expanded{\xmlsetentity{DATE}{\DATE}}
>> 
>> Using &DATE; within the <event>.
>> 
>> \stopxmlsetups
>> 
>> However, using &DATE; inside an <event> always results in THEDATE and never in NEWDATE.
>> 
>> How can I change the value of the entity inside the xmlsetups?
>> 
> 
> dr. Hans van der Meer
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
> If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!
> 
> maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
> webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
> archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
> wiki     : https://contextgarden.net
> ___________________________________________________________________________________


[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 4582 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 496 bytes --]

___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
wiki     : https://contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2023-04-19  9:25 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2023-04-17 10:32 [NTG-context] xmlsetentity on the fly? Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
2023-04-17 11:00 ` Thomas A. Schmitz via ntg-context
2023-04-17 11:28   ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
2023-04-17 16:11 ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
2023-04-19  9:24   ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox