* bug in \definefallbackfamily?
@ 2016-05-20 18:42 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-05-20 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \definefallbackfamily
        [mainface]
        [serif]
        [DejaVu Serif]
        [preset=range:greek]

    \definefontfamily
        [mainface]
        [serif]
        [TeX Gyre Pagella]

    \setupbodyfont
        [mainface, 100pt]

    \starttext
    χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά
    \stoptext

From what I read in i-context.pdf, "force=yes" is the default setting
for \definefallbackfamily.

I’m using latest beta from 2016.05.19 13:43 and this setting seems not
to be working.

Could anyone confirm that I have hit a bug?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: bug in \definefallbackfamily?
@ 2016-05-21  7:18 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-05-21  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos@gmx.es>
> 20. Mai 2016 um 20:42
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
> \definefallbackfamily
> [mainface]
> [serif]
> [DejaVu Serif]
> [preset=range:greek]
>
> \definefontfamily
> [mainface]
> [serif]
> [TeX Gyre Pagella]
>
> \setupbodyfont
> [mainface, 100pt]
>
> \starttext
> χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά
> \stoptext
>
> From what I read in i-context.pdf, "force=yes" is the default setting
> for \definefallbackfamily.
The document is wrong, the values for force and check should be the same
as the default values (no for both) for \definefontfallback.

Wolfgang

* Re: bug in \definefallbackfamily?
@ 2016-05-22 16:18   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-05-22 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05/21/2016 09:18 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Pablo Rodriguez 20. Mai 2016 um 20:42
>> [...]
>> From what I read in i-context.pdf, "force=yes" is the default setting
>> for \definefallbackfamily.
>
> The document is wrong, the values for force and check should be the same
> as the default values (no for both) for \definefontfallback.

Wolfgang,

would it be possible that the default values were yes in both cases?

Otherwise, the default would break compatibility with many already
existing documents.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--