Am Montag, 17. Juni 2024, 23:50:16 MESZ schrieb Hans Hagen: > On 6/17/2024 5:07 PM, Gerion Entrup wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I'm using LaTeX-Beamer and TikZ for figure typesetting. > > With this combination, it is easy to combine Beamer's animation system with TikZ transparency feature. > > This way, the resulting PDFs contain the full graphic on every page, but parts of it are invisible for a specific page. > > One of these files is attached as an example. > > > > The problem is to embed these PDFs into a ConTeXt document. > > For example, this MWE seems to not respect transparency (see mwe.pdf): > > ``` > > \starttext > > \externalfigure[fig.pdf][page=1] > > \stoptext > > ``` > > > > I use Okular/Poppler as PDF viewer. > > Can I fix this somehow or is it a bug somewhere deeper? > next time check the file that you include ... it has no transparency (it > has zero values) I don't really have a clue about the PDF standard. It is made with the TikZ opacity flag therefore I thought it controls the transparency. See the attached tex file to reproduce fig.pdf (compilation with `latexmk -pdflua fig.tex`). I also found a workaround. It is possible to import fig.pdf with Inkscape and export just the correct page as PDF again and embed that in ConTeXt: ``` inkscape --export-page=1 fig.pdf --export-type=pdf --export-filename=1.pdf ``` Gerion