From: David Waller <davidwaller1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Context, Latex, or an XML for acaddemic writing?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:35:51 +0100	[thread overview]

Just to add a slightly different flavour, I have been using PdfLatex
for several years to produce technical manuals for various pieces of
software, which have included a lot of graphics and tables.
I have recently changed to ConText mainly because it is far easier to
set up how you want the text to be displayed and you don't need to
include lots of additional packages which often have side effects with
each other and need to be included in the correct order.
I have also found it very easy to modify Latex input to Context input
and particularly like the separation possible with graphics (whereby
you can have a separate file that points to the graphics file and not
have to embed the file name in the middle of the document)

It would be nice if this list could produce some "good" layouts for
others to use to provide us all with some defaults and a starting
point rather than everyone reinventing the wheel.

Dave Waller