Hi again, Alan Bowen invented this interesting setup where the table of contents is to be included in an itemize. E.g. Foreword ........ I 1. Smth unrelated .. II 2. Author: Title ... 1 3. Author: Title ... 5 etc. Only 2. and 3. come from a "list" of chapters, other entries are added manually. The attached not-really-minimal working example also handles the author setup – IRL we use a lot of user variables for metadata that needs different representation in ToC and titling. This is the core code: \define[1]\ChapterTocEntry{% \startitem \structurelistuservariable{author}: #1\leaderfill\currentlistentrypagenumber \stopitem } \definelist[chapter][% alternative=b, interaction=all, criterium=all, textcommand=\ChapterTocEntry, pagecommand=\gobbleoneargument, ] \startContentsList %\sym{}Preface\leaderfill\at{Preface} % Preface unnumbered \startitem Test entry\leaderfill 123 \stopitem \placelist[chapter][criterium=all] \stopContentsList The actual problem: The chapter list entries don’t adhere to the formatting of the itemize. I guess there’s some expansion problem, due to the \startitem inside if the textcommand? Greetlings, Hraban --- https://www.fiee.net http://wiki.contextgarden.net GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD