From: fg@fgbbs.iaf.nl (Frans Goddijn)
Subject: First go at book with ConTeXt, questions
Date: 28 Jul 98 15:16:00 +0100	[thread overview]

First this: finding out how to create oldstyle pagenumbers in the center
below the text, I loaded the great (in both meanings of the word) manual
in Acrobat viewer. As I find it hard to learn and act from a screen
manual, I printed the pages (61-68) dealing with the subject. Half of the
printed page is navigational screen info. I guess I must get/use another
manual file for this method?

said Taco Hoekwater  to All:

 TH> is a feature, actually. It helps to decide whether spreads are OK

Thanks! So now I know ;=}

 TH> If you want only one page, try:
 TH> \toonkader
 TH> \tooninstellingen
 TH> \pagina

That works!

 TH> I don't know what is wrong with the cropmarks.

Talking to Hans, I learned that these margins geting pushed off the
cutting lines can happen and it's only a problem if the user wants to put
things in these margins. My *current* settings have the margins pushed
over the cutting lines on *both* sides. When the margins are shown with
\toon... then this can be distressing, but since I don't plan to put any
notes in the margins of this current book I won't worry about it for the
time being. In MAPS 20, there are several examples of the same thing
happening, for instance on page 91.

Remaining posible problem: the page as I have it currently is not
vertically centered (I think the "kopwit" is too much, compared to the
white on the bottom of the page), buit I'll play some more to see where
I'm wrong.

My current settings are:

\stelpapierformaatin[A5][A4]

% the settings from the old LaTeX doc:
%\setlength{\oddsidemargin}{19mm}
%\setlength{\evensidemargin}{19mm}
%\setlength{\topmargin}{8mm}
%\setlength{\textheight}{155mm}
%\setlength{\textwidth}{110mm}

\stelkorpsin[pos,fg,9pt]
\stellayoutin[plaats=midden,markering=aan,
              rugwit=19mm,breedte=110mm,
              hoogte=180mm
              ]
% I first forgot the comma after "110mm" which gave strange results...
% the textheight is a little too much compared to the original
% LaTeX doc but I see how I can change that later on.

\stelachtergrondenin[pagina][kader=aan]

\toonkader
\tooninstellingen
\pagina

\starttekst
De gasten hebben in de salonboot op het benedendek gezamenlijk een
keuken, een grote huiskamer, een eetkamer met leestafel en tv. In het
hoogseizoen zal het wel een gezellige boel zijn. Op het bovendek is er

et cetera
\stoptekst

Met hartelijke groet!

 Frans Goddijn   | bbs: +31 (0)26 3217041
 Postbus 30196   | email: fg@fgbbs.iaf.nl
 6803 AD Arnhem  | tel: +31 (0)26 3219342
 The Netherlands | http://www.iaf.nl/Users/Meridian
--
You are what you is