From: "Jan U. Hasecke" <juh+ntg-context@mailbox.org>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Typesetting Markdown - Part 8
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 08:32:57 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Dave,

Am 28.04.20 um 04:00 schrieb Thangalin:
> Hi folks!
>
> Second last part in the series. The project, product, component, and
> environment relations were a bit finicky. Those willing to point out
> improvements that can be made---Hans, Taco, Wolfgang, Aditya, and
> others---would be very much appreciated.
>
> Specifically, it seems that some project environment settings can be
> overruled inside products, but other project settings cannot. It's not
> really clear to me whether this is due to dependency order or that
> definitions cannot be redefined across environments. Thoughts?
>
> https://dave.autonoma.ca/blog/2020/04/28/typesetting-markdown-part-8/

thank you very much. I really appreciate your series. There is so much
in it that suits to my needs that I have to read it carefully later. But
I have some short remarks anyway.

Some topics are especially of interest to me:

1. Nameing and organizing the project, product and environments files. I
am currently reorganising the files for my cooperative. I think that
besides some nameing conventions it is more or less up to me how I
organise our print work. Any recommendations welcome.

2. The "Deutsches Text Archiv" has prepared a text corpus of German
texts up to 1900 in TEI PS XML, so we could use them directly to typeset
books. What I am looking for is a script to extract all XML tags/tokens
from their files to have a complete list of things that should be
handled in a ConTeXt style file. Five years ago I tried to create such a
style file by hand, but I gave up.

https://github.com/juh2/tei-style-dta-context

The tokens/tags differ from text to text and I think the structure too
so that it was beyond my knowledge to generate a general style file for
all texts.

3. Being a writer I think that Markdown --> ConTeXt is the best way to
achieve what I want: easy writing and professional looking books. Up to
now I used Pablos way via pandoc and XHTML described here:
http://www.from-pandoc-to-context.tk/

The problem with pandoc is that it does not generate a perfect ConTeXt
source to build the file as some things are missing.

Annotations and eg. your classify.lua might be a second approach to
achieve what I want.

So thanks a lot for your work.

@all: Feel free to comment on my three topics any hints are welcome.

Ciao!