* News for MikTeX hash size limit ?
@ 2003-05-19 22:21 Sebastian Rooks
From: Sebastian Rooks @ 2003-05-19 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Giuseppe,
Do you have any news for the hash-size limit in MikteX ?
There were some update recently but it still doesn't compile my files
(see previous mails 2003-04-08).
I tried to install TeXlive, and the resulting installation was not very
"clean". But my files were compiled.
As I should finish to write my thesis in roughtly two months from now,
do you think I should forget MikTeX and go on with TeXlive ?
Thanks a lot,

 Seb.

* Re: News for MikTeX hash size limit ?
@ 2003-05-19 22:42 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-05-19 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 Sebastian Rooks wrote:

SR> Hi Giuseppe,
SR> Do you have any news for the hash-size limit in MikteX ?
SR> There were some update recently but it still doesn't compile my files
SR> (see previous mails 2003-04-08).
SR> I tried to install TeXlive, and the resulting installation was not very
SR> "clean". But my files were compiled.
SR> As I should finish to write my thesis in roughtly two months from now,
SR> do you think I should forget MikTeX and go on with TeXlive ?
SR> Thanks a lot,

Erm. No lack, I'm afraid. FWIW, here's the help list from latest MiKTeX:

c:\TEMP>tex --help
Usage: tex [OPTION...] [COMMAND...]
  -alias=APP                 Pretend to be APP.  This affects both the format
                             used and the search path.
  -aux-directory=DIR         Define the directory for auxiliary files.
  -buf-size=N                Set buf_size to N.
  -c-style-errors            Print file:line:error style messages.
  -enable-write18            Enable the \write18 construct.
  -error-line=N              Set error_line to N.
  -font-max=N                Set font_max to N.
  -font-mem-size=N           Set font_mem_size to N.
  -half-error-line=N         Set half_error_line to N.
  -halt-on-error             Stop after the first error.
  -help                      Show this help screen and exit.
  -hhelp                     Show the manual page.
  -include-directory=DIR     Prepend DIR to the input search path.
  -initialize                Be the INI variant of the program.  This is
                             implicitly true if the program name is ini*.
  -interaction=MODE          Set the interaction mode; MODE must be one of:
                             batchmode, nonstopmode, scrollmode, errorstopmode.
  -job-name=NAME             Set the job name and hence the name(s) of the
                             output file(s).
  -job-time=FILE             Set the job time.  Take FILE's timestamp as the
                             reference.
  -max-in-open=N             Set max_in_open to N.
  -max-print-line=N          Set max_print_line to N.
  -max-strings=N             Set max_strings to N.
  -mem-bot=N                 Set mem_bot to N.
  -mem-max=N                 Set mem_max to N.
  -mem-min=N                 Set mem_min to N.
  -mem-top=N                 Set mem_top to N.
  -nest-size=N               Set nest_size to N.
  -output-directory=DIR      Define the directory for output files.
  -param-size=N              Set param_size to N.
  -pool-size=N               Set pool_size to N.
  -quiet                     Suppress all output (except errors).
  -save-size=N               Set save_size to N.
  -src-specials              Insert source specials in certain places of the
                             DVI file.
  -stack-size=N              Set stack_size to N.
  -string-vacancies=N        Set string_vacancies to N.
  -tcx=TCXNAME               Use the TCX file TCXNAME.
  -terminal=oem              Use the DOS codepage for console output.
  -trace=OPTIONS             Specify trace options.  OPTIONS must be a
                             comma-separated list of trace options.  See the
                             manual, for more information.
  -trie-op-size=N            Set trie_op_size to N.
  -trie-size=N               Set trie_size to N.
  -undump=NAME               Use NAME instead of program name when loading
                             internal tables.
  -version                   Print version info and exit.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta