From: "White, George" <WhiteG@mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Cc: "'s. knypstra '" <s.knypstra@eco.rug.nl>
Subject: RE: Mapping diagram
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:50:34 -0400	[thread overview]

Metapost is an excellent tool for drawing diagrams
with boxes and arrows.  I think arrows are always
"available" in metapost. The boxing macros are designed
specifically for this sort of figure, but I'm not sure
that they will work with the metafun stuff, so you may
have to generate the diagrams as external figures.  I
used to do such diagrams using PStricks, metapost works just
as well and is supported in pdftex.