* ToC - right-alignment of roman numerals
@ 2013-06-03 17:14 honyk
From: honyk @ 2013-06-03 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

in fresh MkIV I use the following commands for building ToC, but I have no
idea how to align the label (roman numeral) to the right. In addition, the
specified width and distance seem to be somehow ignored so that label
interferes with the title.

\setuphead[chapter][conversion=Romannumerals]
\setupheadnumber[chapter][48]

\setupcombinedlist[content][
	alternative=c,
	distance=1em,
	width=3cm,
	]

\starttext
\completecontent
\chapter{Foo}
\chapter{Bar}
\stoptext

Here is the link with several screenshots of desired formatting:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/69559/align-the-roman-numbers-of-the-
parts-in-toc

Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan

* Re: ToC - right-alignment of roman numerals
@ 2013-11-25 22:33           ` Jan Tosovsky
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2013-11-25 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2013-11-25 Hans Hagen wrote:

> >> I am almost there, but things get complicated when chapters are
> >> combined with preface/index titles without numbering and thus
> >> aligned improperly:
> >>
> >> \setupcombinedlist[content][list=chapter, alternative=c]
> >> \setupcombinedlist[chapter][
> >>     distance=1em,
> >>     width=1cm,
> >>
> numbercommand={\simplealignedbox{\listparameter{width}}{flushright}},
> >> ]
> >>
> >> \starttext
> >> \completecontent
> >>
> >> \startfrontmatter
> >> \chapter{Preface}text
> >> \stopfrontmatter
> >>
> >> \startbodymatter
> >> \chapter{Chapter}text\index{primary}
> >> \stopbodymatter
> >>
> >> \startbackmatter
> >> \completeindex
> >> \stopbackmatter
> >>
> >> \stoptext
> >>
> >> Is there any way how to indent these non-numbered titles so that
> >> they start where the chapter title starts?
> >
> > I've fixed it by applying a margin to everything and setting a
> > negative width to the numbers (distance = -width):
> >
> > \setupcombinedlist[chapter][
> >     distance=0.5cm,
> >     width=-0.5cm,
> >     margin=2cm,
> >
> numbercommand={\simplealignedbox{\listparameter{width}}{flushright}},
> > ]
> >
> > I don't know exactly why it works, but it works :-)
> >

> \setupcombinedlist
>    [content]
>    [list=chapter,
>     alternative=c]
>
> \setuplist
>    [chapter]
>    [aligntitle=yes,
>     distance=1em,
>     width=1cm]

Thanks for this alternative, but I am getting something different. Desired output can be produced with this code:

\setuphead[chapter][conversion=Romannumerals]
%\setupheadnumber[chapter][48] % this is ignored when a preface is defined
\setupcombinedlist[content][alternative=c]
\setupcombinedlist[chapter][
   distance=1em,
   width=-1em,
   margin=15mm,
   numbercommand={\simplealignedbox{\listparameter{width}}{flushright}},
]

\starttext
\completecontent

\startfrontmatter
\chapter{Preface}
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\chapter{Chapter1}
\chapter{Chapter2}
\chapter{Chapter3}
\chapter{Chapter4}
\stopbodymatter

\stoptext
If there is a less cumbersome method, thanks for sharing.

       [not found]       ` <00dd01cee95f$07764740$1662d5c0$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2013-11-25 22:02         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-11-25 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/24/2013 10:49 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2013-11-18 Jan Tosovsky wrote:
>>> On 2013–06–03 Jan Tosovsky wrote:
>>> in fresh MkIV I use the following commands for building ToC, but I
>>> have no idea how to align the label (roman numeral) to the right.
>>
>> I am almost there, but things get complicated when chapters are
>> combined with preface/index titles without numbering and thus aligned
>> improperly:
>>
>> \setupcombinedlist[content][list=chapter, alternative=c]
>> \setupcombinedlist[chapter][
>>     distance=1em,
>>     width=1cm,
>>
>> numbercommand={\simplealignedbox{\listparameter{width}}{flushright}},
>> ]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \completecontent
>>
>> \startfrontmatter
>> \chapter{Preface}text
>> \stopfrontmatter
>>
>> \startbodymatter
>> \chapter{Chapter}text\index{primary}
>> \stopbodymatter
>>
>> \startbackmatter
>> \completeindex
>> \stopbackmatter
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Is there any way how to indent these non-numbered titles so that they
>> start where the chapter title starts?
>
> I've fixed it by applying a margin to everything and setting a negative width to the numbers (distance = -width):
>
> \setupcombinedlist[chapter][
>     distance=0.5cm,
>     width=-0.5cm,
>     margin=2cm,
>     numbercommand={\simplealignedbox{\listparameter{width}}{flushright}},
> ]
>
> I don't know exactly why it works, but it works :-)

\setupcombinedlist
   [content]
   [list=chapter,
    alternative=c]

\setuplist
   [chapter]
   [aligntitle=yes,
    distance=1em,
    width=1cm]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found]     ` <00ed01cee496$7e7be840$7b73b8c0$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2013-11-24 21:49       ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]       ` <00dd01cee95f$07764740$1662d5c0$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2013-11-24 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found]   ` <003e01cee3e3$eba16f70$c2e44e50$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2013-11-18 19:43     ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]     ` <00ed01cee496$7e7be840$7b73b8c0$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2013-11-18 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2013-11-18 18:50     ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]     ` <00ed01cee496$7e7be840$7b73b8c0$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2013-11-18 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2013-11-17 Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2013-06-03 Marco Patzer wrote:
> > On 2013–06–03 honyk wrote:
> >
> > > in fresh MkIV I use the following commands for building ToC, but I
> > > have no idea how to align the label (roman numeral) to the right.
> >
> > The width setting needs to be applied to the chapter list, not the
> > content list, see example
> >
> > \setuphead[chapter][conversion=Romannumerals]
> > \setupheadnumber[chapter][48]
> >
> > \setupcombinedlist
> >   [content]
> >   [alternative=c]
> >
> > \setupcombinedlist
> >   [chapter]
> >   [distance=1em,
> >    width=1cm,
> >    numbercommand={\simplealignedbox{\listparameter{width}}{flushright}}
> >   ]
> >
> > \starttext
> > \completecontent
> > \chapter{Foo}
> > \chapter{Bar}
> > \stoptext
> >

> Whereas this works for basic test cases, in my document it ends with an
> error:
>
> structure       > sectioning > title @ level 2 : 0.0 -> \headtext
> {content}
> ! Argument of \147>flushright has an extra }.

There was a missing comma after the numbercommand parameter! Strange...

@ 2013-11-17 22:25   ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]   ` <003e01cee3e3$eba16f70$c2e44e50$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2013-11-17 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2013-06-03 Marco Patzer wrote:
> On 2013–06–03 honyk wrote:
>
> > in fresh MkIV I use the following commands for building ToC, but I
> > have no idea how to align the label (roman numeral) to the right.
>
> The width setting needs to be applied to the chapter list, not the
> content list, see example
>
> \setuphead[chapter][conversion=Romannumerals]
> \setupheadnumber[chapter][48]
>
> \setupcombinedlist
>   [content]
>   [alternative=c]
>
> \setupcombinedlist
>   [chapter]
>   [distance=1em,
>    width=1cm,
>    numbercommand={\simplealignedbox{\listparameter{width}}{flushright}}
>   ]
>
> \starttext
> \completecontent
> \chapter{Foo}
> \chapter{Bar}
> \stoptext

Whereas this works for basic test cases, in my document it ends with an error:

structure       > sectioning > title @ level 2 : 0.0 -> \headtext {content}
! Argument of \147>flushright has an extra }.

How can I decode this message and fix the problematic location?

@ 2013-06-03 18:21   ` honyk
       [not found]   ` <003e01cee3e3$eba16f70$c2e44e50$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: honyk @ 2013-06-03 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is great!

Thanks

> On 2013–06–03 honyk wrote:
>
> > in fresh MkIV I use the following commands for building ToC, but I
> have no
> > idea how to align the label (roman numeral) to the right.
>
> \setuphead[chapter][conversion=Romannumerals]
> \setupheadnumber[chapter][48]
>
> \setupcombinedlist
>   [content]
>   [alternative=c]
>
> \setupcombinedlist
>   [chapter]
>   [distance=1em,
>    width=1cm,
>
> numbercommand={\simplealignedbox{\listparameter{width}}{flushright}}]
>
> \starttext
> \completecontent
> \chapter{Foo}
> \chapter{Bar}
> \stoptext
>
> > In addition, the specified width and distance seem to be somehow
> > ignored so that label interferes with the title.
>
> The width setting needs to be applied to the chapter list, not the
> content list, see example above.
>
> Marco

* Re: ToC - right-alignment of roman numerals
       [not found] <00b101ce607d$bf282220$3d786660$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2013-06-03 18:10 ` Marco Patzer
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Marco Patzer @ 2013-06-03 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)