* Table of content in presentation example
@ 2017-05-12 20:08 cryo shock
From: cryo shock @ 2017-05-12 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys, I downloaded a sample presentation with component and example
presentation from a link off of ctxwiki. I will attach both files and a
premade PDF that shows what I mean.

So far I edited the component a little in display style, yet I don't know
why I can't get a simple table of content on the second slide.

In the component I found the following code:

\definehead
    [slide]
    [subject]
    [
      style=\ssbfc,
      color=foreground:contrast,
      alternative=middle,
      page=yes
    ]

So I understand that the head called slide comes from the head subject,
which by default isn't shown in the table of content. So I searched ctxwiki
for table of content and modified the above setup to

\definehead
    [slide]
    [subject]  % default: subject
    [
      style=\ssbfc,
      color=foreground:contrast,
      alternative=middle,
      page=yes,
*      incrementnumber=yes,  % keep track of the number*
*      number=no             % but don't show it*
    ]

I also added the following line:

\setuplist[subject][width=2cm]

The example .tex then starts with

\starttext

\setvariables
\startslide
\stopslide
\stoptext

So I inserted another \startslide \stopslide with \placecontent in between:

\startslide[title={T.o.c.}]
  \placecontent
\stopslide

Yet the rendered PDF shows only a blank page where the TOC is supposed to
be.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

[-- Attachment #2: pres-c-slides.tex --]

[-- Attachment #3: pres-p-example.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #4: pres-p-example.tex --]

* Re: Table of content in presentation example
@ 2017-05-12 20:16 ` cryo shock
From: cryo shock @ 2017-05-12 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I forgot to add that I also tried a modified \setuplist:

\setuplist[subject][width=2cm,margin=2cm]
and
\setuplist[subject][margin=2cm]

I also added the following line to the component:

\setupcombinedlist[content][list={chapter,subject,subsubject,section,subsection,slide}]

Yet the Toc page stays blank...

@ 2017-05-12 21:03   ` cryo shock
From: cryo shock @ 2017-05-12 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, me again. After fiddling around I found out why it didn't work:
because \placecontent was *within* the subject that it had to print. Kind
of a Gordian Knot or what was it called...?
I modified my code a little, so that it looks better, but still one thing
is missing... That's what my code looks like now:

%D I copied the head settings to "title", so that it has the same style as
the rest
%D "title" will not be counted for TOC:

\setuphead[title][style=\ssbfc, color=foreground:contrast,
alternative=middle]

\starttext

\setvariables

*\startstandardmakeup* %D else the content is placed at the very top,
ignoring the header... (bad)

*  \title{Table of contents}*
*  \vfill*
*  \placecontent*
*  \vfill*

*\stopstandardmakeup*

\startslide[title={First Slide}]

Yet the one thing I am missing is that the TOC is not in the middle of the
page.
I read some time ago that \vfill  has no effect at the very beginning or
the very end of a page. A suggestion was to place a "ghost box" or
something like that at the end or top respectively of the document. Yet I
can't finde the article anymore. Can anybody provide some help with this or
is there maybe a more elegant way to solve the whole TOC situation?

Greetings, Sebastian

@ 2017-05-12 22:01     ` cryo shock
From: cryo shock @ 2017-05-12 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, another side question: Is there no way to set the distance from the
title in the TOC to the page number? I tried alternative=c with width,
maxwidth, distance...
I still can't set it tighter. Going from the far left to the far right is
not good from the audience's POV. I saw some example *.tex from the CTX
distribution but none of them seems to use that mechanism except for
charts-mkiv. That again uses columns. But in my case it doesn't split the
content, but creates only the left column. You can try with the documents
and code snippets that I pasted.

@ 2017-05-13 15:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-05-13 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/12/2017 10:08 PM, cryo shock wrote:

>   \placecontent

\placelist[chapter,section][criterium=all]

by default you get a local one (you can also ask for one level up and so)