* Influencing of horizontal arrangement of list of publications
@ 2011-06-23 19:49 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-06-23 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXist,

As is known, the layout of a list (of content) is determined by the
values of alternative, margin, width
and distance.  Required values can be changed via commands \setuplist or
\setupcombinedlist.

Can somehow influence the horizontal arrangement of items in lists typed
using \placepublications[...]?
I want to change such margin, distance and alignment reference items.

<margin>REFERENCE ITEM<distance>PUBLICATION ITEM

Examples of alignments and distances:

RefAuthor1     Author1, Name of his publication
RefAut2          Authors2, Name of his publication
RAut3             Authors3, Name of his publication

or:

RefAuthor1     Author1, Name of his publication
      RefAut2     Author2, Name of his publication
         RAut3     Author3, Name of his publication
or:

       RefAuthor1     Author1, Name of his publication
            RefAut2     Author2, Name of his publication
               RAut3     Author3, Name of his publication

etc.

I ask because when I use (in context minimals) the standard command
\placepublications[criterium=all], then I get a result that does not
satisfy me at all.

Thanx Jaroslav

* Re: Influencing of horizontal arrangement of list of publications
@ 2011-06-27 15:38 ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-06-27 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello ConTeXtist.
After some experimentation, I found a satisfactory solution of my
problem. Setting margins, distance and alignment can be done by
redefining the global macro \bibalignednumber. Default defining of this
macro (eg. in bibl-ams.tex file) is:
\gdef\bibalignednumber#1{\hfill[#1]~~}

A simple modification to this macro, you can achieve the desired result.
Eg. :

\gdef\bibalignednumber#1{\null\hfill\hbox to1em{}\hfill[#1]\hbox to3em{}}

get result :
<1em margin> REFERENCE ITEM aligned to right<3em distance>PUBLICATION ITEM

I hope, that it will be useful for somebody.

Jaroslav

@ 2011-06-27 15:53   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2011-06-27 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 27, 2011, at 5:38 PM, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:

> Hello ConTeXtist.
> After some experimentation, I found a satisfactory solution of my problem. Setting margins, distance and alignment can be done by redefining the global macro \bibalignednumber. Default defining of this macro (eg. in bibl-ams.tex file) is:
> \gdef\bibalignednumber#1{\hfill[#1]~~}
>
> A simple modification to this macro, you can achieve the desired result. Eg. :
>
> \gdef\bibalignednumber#1{\null\hfill\hbox to1em{}\hfill[#1]\hbox to3em{}}

Better:

\def\MyBibalign#1{\hbox to 6em{\hfill [#1]\kern2em}}

\setuppublications[numbercommand=\MyBibalign]

But you still haven't provided an example, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Thomas