From: Bruce Horrocks via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
To: Keith McKay <mckaymeister@gmail.com>
Cc: Bruce Horrocks <ntg@scorecrow.com>,
Subject: Re: Setting up zint on a mac with macOS Montery Version 12.3.1
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 23:47:11 +0100	[thread overview]

> On 12 Apr 2022, at 21:04, Keith McKay <mckaymeister@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All
> I created the symbolic link as suggested by Bruce and Luis and still got the error message
>
> optional        > unable to locate library 'libzint'
>
> in my text editor. I use TeXworks. However, I thought I would try running from the Terminal app and it worked. It found libzint and output the pdf with both barcodes and the qrcode. I have no idea why it works in the Terminal and not TexWorks, I'm guessing I have a path issue which I need to investigate.

Could be a path issue - or some other environment variable. This link should help you decide what needs to go where:
<https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/71253/what-should-shouldnt-go-in-zshenv-zshrc-zlogin-zprofile-zlogout>

> Notes
> 1) My machine is a mac-mini-M1 with macos Monterey and I'm running the latest ConTeXt version
> 2) Bruce noted that my Homebrew was installed in a non-standard location so I checked on the Hombrew website and it is installed in opt/homebrew for Apple Silicon i.e the M1 chip. Maybe Bruce's homebrew was installed on an earlier version.

Ah, I'm on an Intel Mac which still uses the old approach. Apologies for the red herring.

> Thanks to Luis and Bruce for their suggestions.
> Best Wishes
> Keith McKay

—
Bruce Horrocks