* confused on font size
@ 2005-04-14 23:24 Paul Tremblay
From: Paul Tremblay @ 2005-04-14 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

The main manual on ConTeXt give a number of different ways to change
font sizes (if I understand it correctly):

1. {\switchtobodyfont[18pt] text}

2. {\tfx font size ??}

3. {\xii some font}

What are the advantages of each? I would think that option (1) would
be the simplest and clearest to use.

Thanks

Paul

--

************************
*Paul Tremblay         *

* Re: confused on font size
@ 2005-04-15  1:45 ` Steve Peter
From: Steve Peter @ 2005-04-15  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> 1. {\switchtobodyfont[18pt] text}
>
> 2. {\tfx font size ??}
>
> 3. {\xii some font}
>
> What are the advantages of each? I would think that option (1) would
> be the simplest and clearest to use.

Consider 1 vs. 2 if your editor or journal said, ``No, we don't want
12pt text, we want 10pt text.'' If you've used option 1, you will have
to go through and find every instance of where you've changed the size,
whereas option 2 will scale with you.

Steve