* Is there any change in processing of Projects, Product and Components?
@ 2011-08-25 22:46 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-08-25 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXtsist ...

Has anything changed in the functioning of ConTeXt MkIV processing of
larger projects (containing more components)?
Some time (one or two months) ago I was using standalone to compiled an
extensive project and everything was OK, but now it looks as if the
component does not load at all!
It is necessary to explicitly specify the file extension?
Why components (in separate files) into all the main project file do not
load?

Thanks Jaroslav Hajtmar

* Re: Is there any change in processing of Projects, Product and Components?
@ 2011-08-25 23:17 ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-08-25 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello
Sorry, apparently I was wrong. Before I compiled by ConTeXt  ver:
2010.05.24 13:05 MKIV  fmt: 2010.9.21 (LuaTeX, Version
beta-0.60.2-2010071421) (Web2C 2010) (rev 3736) and not by minimals ie
standalone version of context!!!!

When I use old ConTeXt MkIV (part of TeX Live 2010) now in this time,
then compilation of project is OK... When I compiling by standalone
version, then components are not loaded ...
What is diference between those versions of context (in terms of
processing projects) ??

Thanx Jaroslav Hajtmar

@ 2011-08-25 23:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-08-25 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26-8-2011 00:46, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Hello ConTeXtsist ...
>
> Has anything changed in the functioning of ConTeXt MkIV processing of
> larger projects (containing more components)?
> Some time (one or two months) ago I was using standalone to compiled an
> extensive project and everything was OK, but now it looks as if the
> component does not load at all!
> It is necessary to explicitly specify the file extension?
> Why components (in separate files) into all the main project file do not
> load?

because a project just summarizes products and environments (projects
are just there to help clever editors to identify products)

you can process products and components

this has always been the official policy although till recently the
mechanism was a bit more tolerant (a side effect of not pushing /
popping states, something that happens in the reimplementation)

(there's a new 'myway' document on this)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-08-26  0:41   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-08-26  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans,
Thanks for the advice. Enough swap (change) \startproject ...
\stopproject to \startproduct ... \stopproduct in the source file and
everything runs just fine!

Thanx Jaroslav Hajtmar

@ 2011-08-26  9:20   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2011-08-26  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.08.2011 um 01:18 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 26-8-2011 00:46, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
>> Hello ConTeXtsist ...
>>
>> Has anything changed in the functioning of ConTeXt MkIV processing of
>> larger projects (containing more components)?
>> Some time (one or two months) ago I was using standalone to compiled an
>> extensive project and everything was OK, but now it looks as if the
>> component does not load at all!
>> It is necessary to explicitly specify the file extension?
>> Why components (in separate files) into all the main project file do not
>> load?
>
> because a project just summarizes products and environments (projects are just there to help clever editors to identify products)
>
> you can process products and components
>
> this has always been the official policy although till recently the mechanism was a bit more tolerant (a side effect of not pushing / popping states, something that happens in the reimplementation)
>
> (there's a new 'myway' document on this)

could you provide us with the link, please?

(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/My_Way?)

Thanks
Steffen

* Re: Is there any change in processing of Projects, Product and Components?
@ 2011-08-26  9:23     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-08-26  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26-8-2011 11:20, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/My_Way?)

you can edit that wiki page yourself:

http://pragma-ade.com/general/magazines/mag-1101.pdf

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-08-26 12:25       ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2011-08-26 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.08.2011 um 11:23 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 26-8-2011 11:20, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
>> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/My_Way?)
>
> you can edit that wiki page yourself:

Yes of course ... it's now listed at:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/This_Way