* setupinterlinespace (exact setting, smaller than 1.0)
@ 2012-03-17 17:27 Honza Hejzl
From: Honza Hejzl @ 2012-03-17 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I am struggling with this for a very long time. I wish to know if there is
any sure way how to work with setupinterlinespace when I am setting ON
GRID. When bodyfont is, for my example, 9pt and I set up the interlinespace
to 10.8 (i.e. 1.0 – small), there are strange line breaks in pages
everywhere (as soon as the command \setupinterlinespace is used, doesn't
matter how big the number of line is, the text is broken in that way
(expecially when I am trying to use smaller distances). I need working on
grid with the possibility to reach exact interlinespace (typically to be
able to make linespacing tighter) – my editor has often very strict demands
for the page range. The once  result is the grid is tighter but the lines
are not.

According to my tests I think there is no possibility to set smaller
interlinespace than 1.0, is it?

Any ideas, please?

Here is the result:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4393365/interlinespace.png

bodyfont 9pt
interlinespace 10.8 (for test)

Thanks, Honza

* Re: setupinterlinespace (exact setting, smaller than 1.0)
@ 2012-03-17 17:33 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-03-17 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.03.2012 um 18:27 schrieb Honza Hejzl:

> Hello,
>
> I am struggling with this for a very long time. I wish to know if there is any sure way how to work with setupinterlinespace when I am setting ON GRID. When bodyfont is, for my example, 9pt and I set up the interlinespace to 10.8 (i.e. 1.0 – small), there are strange line breaks in pages everywhere (as soon as the command \setupinterlinespace is used, doesn't matter how big the number of line is, the text is broken in that way (expecially when I am trying to use smaller distances). I need working on grid with the possibility to reach exact interlinespace (typically to be able to make linespacing tighter) – my editor has often very strict demands for the page range. The once  result is the grid is tighter but the lines are not.
>
> According to my tests I think there is no possibility to set smaller interlinespace than 1.0, is it?
>
> Any ideas, please?

Do you have a real example, when you have problems like in your image you should change the height/depth ratio or increase the interlinespace.

Wolfgang