On 2017-04-01 16:07, Pablo Rodriguez wrote: > Hans, > > I have just discovered the following: > > \define[1]\indx{#1\index{#1}} > \starttext > \indx{an} \indx{american} \indx{Aphrodite} > \placeindex > \stoptext > > Lowercase letters are placed after its uppercase counterparts. > > I don’t have (almost) any experience with indices in ConTeXt, but which > is the way to turn this off? > > Sorry, but I don’t see a reason to have this as default. I mean, I have > never seen any encyclopedia or dictionary that sorts entries according > to letter case. > I believe you want method=default for your \setupregister[index][] options. The allowable values appear to be default, first, last, before, and after. With nothing specified you do not get the same as specifying default. I asked about these a while back but got no answer. There is a cryptic explanation from 2010 at http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context%40ntg.nl/msg50454.html. -- Rik