Thank you Taco and Mojca. I had tried with \guillemotright and \guillemotleft based on a latex manual I found in the web. Since it didn't work, I then tried the \ll and \gg combination. Thank you Taco for the right syntax of the keywords. Ciro On 12/27/05, Mojca Miklavec wrote: > > On 12/26/05, Ciro Soto wrote: > > Invisible Friends: > > > > I am trying to use \ll and \gg instead of quotation marks. > > The problem is that they are too big for my taste. > > What would be the easiest way to make them, say 0.75\bodyfontsize ? > > I guess that \leftguillemot instead of "\ll" already solves the > problem, but if you really want to scale them, it's most elegant to do > it this way: > > \installlanguage > [es] > [leftquotation={\scale[height=.75ex]{\leftguillemot}}, > rightquotation={\scale[height=.75ex]{\rightguillemot}}] > % .75\bodyfontsize is way too big > % or the ugly \fakeleftguillemot instead of \leftguillemot, as Taco > proposed > > \mainlanguage[es] > \starttext > \quotation{To quote or not to quote,} that's the question! > \stoptext > > (Even if you don't need to scale them, this is the way how to get > guillemots instead of "double commas".) > > The only problem is that they're scaled so that baseline remains where > it is: quotation marks are placed too low because of that. So you > probably want to do raise them a bit as well: > \raise.25ex\hbox{\scale[height=.5ex]{\rightguillemot}} > > Mojca > -- "All problems are at the interface. Each one of them has a solution." from: "The Guitar Maker: An Exploration of Wisdom, Design and Love." A novel by C. A. Soto Aguirre. http://www.TheGuitarMakerExploration.com/