* tex to txt/doc
@ 2009-10-04 21:37 Ciro Soto
From: Ciro Soto @ 2009-10-04 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any quick way to print the output of context in txt format?
I could do: context-> pdf->txt, but may there is a direct way to do that...?
I don't care about the formatting, it is just the text that I am interested
in.
The reason is that my editor does not understand context (or tex) so
I send her txt (or doc)  file for the editing.

thank you
Ciro

* Re: tex to txt/doc
@ 2009-10-04 21:44 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-04 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Ciro Soto <ciro@kavyata.com> wrote:

> Is there any quick way to print the output of context in txt format?
> I could do: context-> pdf->txt, but may there is a direct way to do
> that...?
> I don't care about the formatting, it is just the text that I am interested
> in.
> The reason is that my editor does not understand context (or tex) so
> I send her txt (or doc)  file for the editing.
>
> thank you

What about pdftotext ?

--
luigi

* Re: tex to txt/doc
@ 2009-10-04 23:04 ` Mohamed Bana
From: Mohamed Bana @ 2009-10-04 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tend to write in pandoc almost exclusively these days then convert it
to PDF using context.  it goes,

$ pandoc->context, then
$ texexec <file>

works like a charm.

Ciro Soto wrote:
> Is there any quick way to print the output of context in txt format?
> I could do: context-> pdf->txt, but may there is a direct way to do
> that...?
> I don't care about the formatting, it is just the text that I am
> interested in.
> The reason is that my editor does not understand context (or tex) so
> I send her txt (or doc)  file for the editing.
>
> thank you
> Ciro

* Re: tex to txt/doc
@ 2009-10-05  8:08   ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2009-10-05  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

not to mention obvious old-school approach xml->anything (including
ConTeXt). 100 percent reliable conversion of pdf to anything else is
impossible by definition, so better don't rely on any magic tools
which usually promise but really cannot deliver.

Piotr

2009/10/5 Mohamed Bana <mbana.lists@googlemail.com>
> I tend to write in pandoc almost exclusively these days then convert it to
> PDF using context.  it goes,
>
> $ pandoc->context, then
> $ texexec <file>
>
> works like a charm.
>
> Ciro Soto wrote:
>
> Is there any quick way to print the output of context in txt format?
> I could do: context-> pdf->txt, but may there is a direct way to do that...?
> I don't care about the formatting, it is just the text that I am interested
> in.
> The reason is that my editor does not understand context (or tex) so
> I send her txt (or doc)  file for the editing.
>
> thank you
> Ciro

http://okle.pl

* Re: tex to txt/doc
@ 2009-10-05  8:12     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-05  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Piotr Kopszak <kopszak@gmail.com> wrote:

> not to mention obvious old-school approach xml->anything (including
> ConTeXt). 100 percent reliable conversion of pdf to anything else is
> impossible by definition, so better don't rely on any magic tools
> which usually promise but really cannot deliver.
>
> yes -- true.

As a tool, I also like
http://ccxvii.net/mupdf
--