From: fg@fgbbs.iaf.nl (Frans Goddijn)
Subject: First go at book with ConTeXt, questions
Date: 30 Jul 98 10:40:04 +0100	[thread overview]

said Hans Hagen  to All:

 HH> \definebodyfont[10pt,11pt,12pt][rm][tfe=cmr10 sa 5]
 HH> \tfe Hi Frans
 HH> (The sa 5 means scaled at 5 times the 10,11,12 pt)

I had peeked in the file "font-ptm.tex" and in the big PDF manual and got
the idea of how this works. Is it also o.k. if I do this:

\definebodyfont [14.4pt,12pt,11pt,10pt,9pt,8pt] [rm]
  [bse=Times-Bold scaled \magstep5]

{\bse Dit is de titel}   ?

 HH> (see font-ini)

That's a remarkable file, with a manual hidden in it and exotic looking
comands like "\dodododefinebodyfont" ;=}

 HH> So, if you say \def\os{\oldstyle}, you can use this.

Thanks! Now I think I have two macros (I thought up the first one myself)
to do the trick:

\def\onum#1{{\oldstyle #1}} %  for use of \onum{123}
\def\os{\oldstyle}          %  for use of \os{123}

The second one (from you) is clearly simpler.

> * What is the ConTeXt equivalent for \thispagestyle{empty}?

HH> The dutch one is (use wybo's script to translate):
HH>   \geenhoofdenvoetregels

Does this command wait for a next command to switch these headers/foorters
back on or is it only effective for the one page that it was issued on?

 HH> or maybe you prefer:
 HH>   \stelkopin[hoofdstuk][hoofd=leeg] % of hoofd=hoog

I'll probably enhavce the chapter command with such an option soon. I plan
to have running headers on left and right pages, the left page giving the
autor's name, the right page giving the title (all chapters in the book
are about authors and the novels they wrote, and the chapter titles have
the autor's name and the book that will be reviewed in the chapter. This
is probably good logically constant stuff to devise a macro for chapter
titles like

\hoofdstuk{
            \auteur{Maarten 't Hart}
            \boek{Een vlucht regenwulpen}
             }

which must typeset the author's name in upper caps bold, and the title of
the book in bold on a new line, pasing on the author's name for display on
the top of left sided pages and the novel's title on top of the right
sided pages, with none of these headers on the chapter's first page.

I expect this to be an interesting but tricky trip to accomplish so I'll
postpone that until I have several chapters ready.

Any suggestions will be welcome in the meantime though...

\hspace*{35mm}{\includegraphics[width=4cm]{c:/ourfiles/eps/lsylogo.eps}}%

 HH> I don't know what this \hspace is supposed to do.

In tha old LaTeX file, I needed the hspace to put the logo in the middle
of the page. Now \regelmidden takes care of that nicely.

> which cloud my view... In the PDF manual an example is given which
should
> show a cow in the text, but the cow is missing... ;=}

 HH> I never noticed.

The Siwss put bells on cows so they will notice! ;=}

About texutil.exe:

 HH> (get the latest version or let me know if I should mail it):

I have:
name           bytes   date      time
======================================
texutil.exe    107066  16-09-97  10:45

If there's an even latester (;=}) version, I'd be much obliged if you sent
me that one!

 HH>   texutil --figures --epspage --epstopdf yourfile

If I do

 texutil --figures --epspage --epstopdf lsylogo.eps

Then nothing seems to happen. I get the TEXUTIL screen with the options
but no files are created. I also doubt that TEXUTIL could find and fire up
a GostScript on my PC somewhere.

Meanwhile, thanks for your help and advice!

Met hartelijke groet!

 Frans Goddijn   | bbs: +31 (0)26 3217041
 Postbus 30196   | email: fg@fgbbs.iaf.nl
 6803 AD Arnhem  | tel: +31 (0)26 3219342
 The Netherlands | http://www.iaf.nl/Users/Meridian
--
You are what you is