* How not to display the header of the chapter page on the page with the table of contents ?
@ 2021-08-15 10:49 Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context
From: Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context @ 2021-08-15 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
Wolfgang created a heading
https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2021/102870.html for the
chapters of my book.
How can I prevent this header from appearing on the page with the table of
contents ?
Thanks
Fabrice

* Re: How not to display the header of the chapter page on the page with the table of contents ?
@ 2021-08-15 14:19 ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2021-08-15 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 8/15/21 12:49 PM, Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context wrote:
> Hello,
> Wolfgang created a
> heading https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2021/102870.html
> for the chapters of my book.
> How can I prevent this header from appearing on the page with the table
> of contents ?

Hi Fabrice,

a simple way would be:

  \startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]
    \setuphead
       [chapter]
       [align=flushright,
        textcommand=\groupedcommand{\blank[medium]}{},
        numbercolor=darkgray,
        textstyle=ChapterTextStyle,
        numberstyle=ChapterNumberStyle,
        before=\startChapterFrame,
        after=\stopChapterFrame,
        header=high]
  \stopsectionblockenvironment

Then use frontmatter and bodymatter.

Just in case it might help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: How not to display the header of the chapter page on the page with the table of contents ?
@ 2021-08-15 15:01   ` Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context
From: Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context @ 2021-08-15 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Pablo,
Thanks, it works.
Fabrice

@ 2021-08-15 16:02     ` Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context
From: Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context @ 2021-08-15 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

A small note : this method works if I compile the project but if I compile
only one chapter, the header no longer appears.

@ 2021-08-15 16:33       ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2021-08-15 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 8/15/21 6:02 PM, Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context wrote:
> A small note : this method works if I compile the project but if I
> compile only one chapter, the header no longer appears.

Hi Fabrice,

I have never used projects and chapters (or whatever the right name is).

I’m not sure I get what you’re experiencing: with a single chapter, do
you have the fancy layout or not?

It would make sense that the fancy chapter doesn’t appear only compiling
a chapter. I guess there is no \startbodymatter...\stopbodymatter
wrapping it.

Another approach would be:

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [align=flushright,
    textcommand=\groupedcommand{\blank[medium]}{},
    numbercolor=darkgray,
    textstyle=ChapterTextStyle,
    numberstyle=ChapterNumberStyle,
    before=\startChapterFrame,
    after=\stopChapterFrame,
    header=high]

\setuphead
  [title]
  [header=empty,
   align=,
   textcommand=,
   textstyle=,
   style=\tfc,
   before={\blank[2*big]},
   after={\blank[2*big]}]

I hope it helps,

Pablo

--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: How not to display the header of the chapter page on the page with the table of contents ?
@ 2021-08-15 16:45         ` Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context
From: Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context @ 2021-08-15 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Pablo,
The second solution works as I want it to
Thanks
Fabrice

@ 2021-08-15 17:03         ` Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context
From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context @ 2021-08-15 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 15.08.2021 um 18:33:
> On 8/15/21 6:02 PM, Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context wrote:
>> A small note : this method works if I compile the project but if I
>> compile only one chapter, the header no longer appears.
> Hi Fabrice,
>
> I have never used projects and chapters (or whatever the right name is).
>
> I’m not sure I get what you’re experiencing: with a single chapter, do
> you have the fancy layout or not?
>
> It would make sense that the fancy chapter doesn’t appear only compiling
> a chapter. I guess there is no \startbodymatter...\stopbodymatter
> wrapping it.
>
> Another approach would be:
>
> [...]

Setting values for \title is a way to avoid the chapter setup for the
table of contents etc.
but there is a way to set values which are used only when you process a
component file.

To make it work one has to load the environment file after
\startcomponent because you
can use the *component mode to check whether the parent file is a
product or a component.

%%%% begin product
\startproduct [*]

\environment [...]

\startfrontmatter
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\component [...]
\stopbodymatter

\stopproduct
%%%% end product

%%%% begin component
\startcomponent [*]

\environment [...]

\stopcomponent
%%%% end component

%%%% begin environment
\startenvironment [*]

\startsetups [section:chapter]

     \setuphead
         [chapter]
         [...]

\stopsetups

\startsectionblockenvironment [bodypart]
     \directsetup{section:chapter}
\stopsectionblockenvironment

\doifmode{*component}{\directsetup{section:chapter}}

\stopenvironment
%%%% end environment

Wolfgang

* Re: How not to display the header of the chapter page on the page with the table of contents ?
@ 2021-08-16 10:18           ` Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context
From: Fabrice Couvreur via ntg-context @ 2021-08-16 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,
Pablo's solution works, but I tried yours without success. Here are the
main lines of my project

%%%% begin product
\startproduct[terminale-manual]

\project[terminale-environment]

\startdocument

\startfrontmatter
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\component[terminale_recurrence]
\stopbodymatter

\stopdocument

\stopproduct
%%%% end product

%%%% begin project
\startproject[terminale-environment]

\environment[terminale-style]
\stopproject
%%%% end project

%%%% begin component
\project[terminale-environment]

\startcomponent[terminale_recurrence]
\endcomponent
%%%% end component

%%%% begin environment
\startenvironment[terminale-style]
\startsetups [section:chapter]

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [align=flushright,
    textcommand=\groupedcommand{\blank[medium]}{},
    numbercolor=darkgray,
    textstyle=ChapterTextStyle,
    numberstyle=ChapterNumberStyle,
    before=\startChapterFrame,
    after=\stopChapterFrame,
    header=high]

\stopsetups

\startsectionblockenvironment [bodypart]
     \directsetup{section:chapter}
\stopsectionblockenvironment

\doifmode{*component}{\directsetup{section:chapter}}

\endenvironment
%%%% end environment

@ 2021-08-16 16:17             ` Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context
From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context @ 2021-08-16 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)