Dear list, Is it possible, in mkiv, to fine-tune the distance between a chapter head and a section head, between the end of a section and the following section head, and between a section head and the beginning of the text? My problem is the following: In the revision of a thesis, to economize on processing times, I have done all corrections in the bodymatter, or even parts of it, using the setups of the entire project. But when I now add the front matter these above-mentioned distances have slightly increased, by 3 to 5 mm, with a rather devastating effect on the precise placement of large floats. At the beginning of a new chapter the difference is one textline (double line spacing), which does not seem a big deal but with nearly 500 pages of text it leads to nasty results. In my setups I have for the heads \setuphead[chapter][ header=empty, page={yes,header,right}, number=yes, alternative=middle, style=\tfa \bf, after={\blank[0.5cm]}, ] en \setuphead[section][ style=tfa, number=yes, alternative=left, indentnext=no ] Changing "after={\blank[0.5cm]}" to "after={\blank[0.1cm]}" or omitting it altogether did not have any effect. If the culprit is to be found in the Frontmatter, or its specific setups, what should I look for? Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, Robert Blackstone