* typescript problem (hw variants)
@ 2005-12-12 20:39 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-12-12 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi wizards!

I'm reworking my setup of Apostrophe's huge "Republika" font clan and
reckognized that handwriting (hw) doesn't accept style switches; the
following doesn't work:

\starttypescript    [handwriting]    [republika1-cond]    [name]
     \definefontsynonym    [Handwriting]        [RepublikaCnd-Sketch]
     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingItalic]        [RepublikaCnd-
Sktech-Italic]
     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingBold]        [RepublikaCnd-Haze]
     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingBoldItalic]    [RepublikaCnd-
Haze-Italic]
     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingRegularBlack][RepublikaCnd-
Shatter]
     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingItalicBlack]    [RepublikaCnd-
Shatter-Italic]
     \definefontvariant    [Handwriting] [black] [Black]
     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingSlanted]    [HandwritingItalic]
     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingBoldSlanted]
[HandwritingBoldItalic]
\stoptypescript

I always get only the "plain" font (Handwriting).
I need rm, ss and tt for other purposes.
Could the font mechanism get enhanced?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net
http://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: typescript problem (hw variants)
@ 2005-12-13  9:21 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-13  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Hi wizards!
>
> I'm reworking my setup of Apostrophe's huge "Republika" font clan and
> reckognized that handwriting (hw) doesn't accept style switches; the
> following doesn't work:
>
> \starttypescript    [handwriting]    [republika1-cond]    [name]
>     \definefontsynonym    [Handwriting]        [RepublikaCnd-Sketch]
>     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingItalic]        [RepublikaCnd-
> Sktech-Italic]
>     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingBold]        [RepublikaCnd-Haze]
>     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingBoldItalic]    [RepublikaCnd-
> Haze-Italic]
>     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingRegularBlack][RepublikaCnd- Shatter]
>     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingItalicBlack]    [RepublikaCnd-
> Shatter-Italic]
>     \definefontvariant    [Handwriting] [black] [Black]
>     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingSlanted]    [HandwritingItalic]
>     \definefontsynonym    [HandwritingBoldSlanted]
> [HandwritingBoldItalic]
> \stoptypescript
>
> I always get only the "plain" font (Handwriting).
> I need rm, ss and tt for other purposes.
> Could the font mechanism get enhanced?

 From font-unk.tex:

\definebodyfont [default] [hw]  [tf=Handwriting sa 1]

So, you would need something like this:

    \definebodyfont [default] [hw]
    [tf=Handwriting sa 1,
     bf=HandwritingBold sa 1,
     it=HandwritingItalic sa 1,
     sl=HandwritingSlanted sa 1,
     bi=HandwritingBoldItalic sa 1,
     bs=HandwritingBoldSlanted sa 1,
     sc=HandwritingCaps sa 1]

As well as (perhaps?):

    \definefontsynonym [HandwritingBold]        [Handwriting]
    \definefontsynonym [HandwritingItalic]      [Handwriting]
    \definefontsynonym [HandwritingSlanted]     [Handwriting]
    \definefontsynonym [HandwritingBoldItalic]  [Handwriting]
    \definefontsynonym [HandwritingBoldSlanted] [Handwriting]
    \definefontsynonym [HandwritingCaps]        [Handwriting]

It should be possible to fix this in font-unk  without breaking
compatibility.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: typescript problem (hw variants)
@ 2005-12-13 15:58   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-12-13 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2005-12-13 um 10:21 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
> \definebodyfont [default] [hw]  [tf=Handwriting sa 1]
>
> So, you would need something like this:
>
>    \definebodyfont [default] [hw]
>    [tf=Handwriting sa 1,
>     bf=HandwritingBold sa 1,
>     it=HandwritingItalic sa 1,
>     sl=HandwritingSlanted sa 1,
>     bi=HandwritingBoldItalic sa 1,
>     bs=HandwritingBoldSlanted sa 1,
>     sc=HandwritingCaps sa 1]

Thank you, that works.
And I think that really belongs in font-unk.

Now we must find a solution for the small caps problem...

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---