* Natural Tables in multiple columns
@ 2012-12-25  4:49 Jannik Voges
From: Jannik Voges @ 2012-12-25  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXt-Users,

I get a strange behavior (latest beta), when I try to typeset natural tables and normal text in multiple columns. When I type normal text into a column and add a natural table which total length is small enough to fit into the column, the table is placed into the column with the text. When the total length is too large, the table starts in the next column and leaves the rest of the column empty (of course I used split=yes). I would expect that the table starts in the column with the text and is split properly.

Minimal example:

small table

\starttext
\startcolumns[n=3]
\dorecurse{10}{Test\crlf}
\bTABLE[split=yes]
\dorecurse{10}
{\bTR \bTD a\eTD \bTD b \eTD \eTR}
\eTABLE
\stopcolumns
\stoptext

large table

\starttext
\startcolumns[n=3]
\dorecurse{10}{Test\crlf}
\bTABLE[split=yes]
\dorecurse{20}
{\bTR \bTD a\eTD \bTD b \eTD \eTR}
\eTABLE
\stopcolumns
\stoptext

* Re: Natural Tables in multiple columns
@ 2012-12-25 20:48 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-12-25 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.12.2012 um 05:49 schrieb Jannik Voges <forumjavo@icloud.com>:

> Hello ConTeXt-Users,
>

> I get a strange behavior (latest beta), when I try to typeset natural tables and normal text in multiple columns. When I type normal text into a column and add a natural table which total length is small enough to fit into the column, the table is placed into the column with the text. When the total length is too large, the table starts in the next column and leaves the rest of the column empty (of course I used split=yes). I would expect that the table starts in the column with the text and is split properly.
>
> Minimal example:
>
> small table
>
> \starttext
> \startcolumns[n=3]
> \dorecurse{10}{Test\crlf}
> \bTABLE[split=yes]
> \dorecurse{10}
> {\bTR \bTD a\eTD \bTD b \eTD \eTR}
> \eTABLE
> \stopcolumns
> \stoptext
>
> large table
>
> \starttext
> \startcolumns[n=3]
> \dorecurse{10}{Test\crlf}
> \bTABLE[split=yes]
> \dorecurse{20}
> {\bTR \bTD a\eTD \bTD b \eTD \eTR}
> \eTABLE
> \stopcolumns
> \stoptext

Use xtables, natural tables are not so easy to split in a columns environment.

Wolfgang