* Metafun error
@ 2014-09-26 13:17 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2014-09-26 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

Today I wanted to use an older tex file…. I get the same error as in the following test.

\startuniqueMPgraphic{test}

	path p;
	p := fullcircle scaled 5cm;
	draw p;
	label.bot(textext("Centre"), center p);

\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\starttext
\startTEXpage
    \useMPgraphic{test}
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

The error message is:

Argument of \meta_start_environment has an extra }

<inserted text>
\par
<to be read again>
}
\meta_handle_unique_graphic ...ocess_graphic {#3}}
                                                  \setxvalue {\??mpgraphic \...
\meta_use_graphic ...]}\getvalue {\??mpgraphic #1}
                                                  \empty \meta_end_graphic_g...
<to be read again>

l.288     \useMPgraphic{test}

This error occurs as well with version ConTeXt  ver: 2014.08.29 20:57 as with the latest beta ConTeXt  ver: 2014.09.26 11:42.

Am I missing something?

Kind regards

Willi

* Re: Metafun error
@ 2014-09-26 13:23 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2014-09-26 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi,

I tested your example file: it works fine here with
	ConTeXt  ver: 2014.09.25 18:58 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.9.25  int: english/english
Which version are using?

Best regards: OK

On 26 Sep 2014, at 15:17, Willi Egger <context@boede.nl> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Today I wanted to use an older tex file…. I get the same error as in the following test.
>
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{test}
>
> 	path p;
> 	p := fullcircle scaled 5cm;
> 	draw p;
> 	label.bot(textext("Centre"), center p);
>
> \stopuniqueMPgraphic
>
> \starttext
> \startTEXpage
>    \useMPgraphic{test}
> \stopTEXpage
> \stoptext

* Re: Metafun error
@ 2014-09-26 14:22   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2014-09-26 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Otared,

As mentioned in my first post I tested on
	ConTeXt  ver: 2014.08.29 20:57
        ConTeXt  ver: 2014.09.26 11:42.

strange!

Willi
On 26 sep. 2014, at 15:23, Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Willi,
>
> I tested your example file: it works fine here with
> 	ConTeXt  ver: 2014.09.25 18:58 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.9.25  int: english/english
> Which version are using?
>
> Best regards: OK
>
> On 26 Sep 2014, at 15:17, Willi Egger <context@boede.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Today I wanted to use an older tex file…. I get the same error as in the following test.
>>
>> \startuniqueMPgraphic{test}
>>
>> 	path p;
>> 	p := fullcircle scaled 5cm;
>> 	draw p;
>> 	label.bot(textext("Centre"), center p);
>>
>> \stopuniqueMPgraphic
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startTEXpage
>>   \useMPgraphic{test}
>> \stopTEXpage
>> \stoptext

* Re: Metafun error
@ 2014-09-26 21:09     ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2014-09-26 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi,

I just updated to
	ConTeXt  ver: 2014.09.26 11:42 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.9.26  int: english/english
and tested again your example: everything works as expected here…

So probably there is something strange happening on your side.

Best regards: OK

On 26 Sep 2014, at 16:22, Willi Egger <context@boede.nl> wrote:

> Hi Otared,
>
> As mentioned in my first post I tested on
> 	ConTeXt  ver: 2014.08.29 20:57
>        ConTeXt  ver: 2014.09.26 11:42.
>
> strange!
>
> Willi
> On 26 sep. 2014, at 15:23, Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Willi,
>>
>> I tested your example file: it works fine here with
>> 	ConTeXt  ver: 2014.09.25 18:58 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.9.25  int: english/english
>> Which version are using?
>>
>> Best regards: OK
>>
>> On 26 Sep 2014, at 15:17, Willi Egger <context@boede.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> Today I wanted to use an older tex file…. I get the same error as in the following test.
>>>
>>> \startuniqueMPgraphic{test}
>>>
>>> 	path p;
>>> 	p := fullcircle scaled 5cm;
>>> 	draw p;
>>> 	label.bot(textext("Centre"), center p);
>>>
>>> \stopuniqueMPgraphic
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \startTEXpage
>>>  \useMPgraphic{test}
>>> \stopTEXpage
>>> \stoptext

* Re: Metafun error
@ 2014-09-27 13:59       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2014-09-27 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Otared,
thank you for this! - I do not understand correctly what has happened here. Now after rebooting it works again….. ;-(

Thanks!

Willi
On 26 sep. 2014, at 23:09, Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Willi,
>
> I just updated to
> 	ConTeXt  ver: 2014.09.26 11:42 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.9.26  int: english/english
> and tested again your example: everything works as expected here…
>
> So probably there is something strange happening on your side.
>
> Best regards: OK
>
> On 26 Sep 2014, at 16:22, Willi Egger <context@boede.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi Otared,
>>
>> As mentioned in my first post I tested on
>> 	ConTeXt  ver: 2014.08.29 20:57
>>       ConTeXt  ver: 2014.09.26 11:42.
>>
>> strange!
>>
>> Willi
>> On 26 sep. 2014, at 15:23, Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Willi,
>>>
>>> I tested your example file: it works fine here with
>>> 	ConTeXt  ver: 2014.09.25 18:58 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.9.25  int: english/english
>>> Which version are using?
>>>
>>> Best regards: OK

* Re: Metafun error
@ 2003-05-22 20:11         ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-05-22 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 03:33 pm, Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 14:22 21/05/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >Two questions:
> >Do I also need to install the separate Metafun zip file or is this
> >included in the Context zip?
>
> included
>
> >Do I unzip the distro in /usr/TeX/texmf or further down the tree?
>
> in /usr/TeX/texmf-local and then "mktexlsr" and "texexec --make"
>
> Hans

I also threw in a fmtutil --all followed by another texhash.

Now I am error free. But the  following test.tex file will create the
graphic file but will not place it on the output pdf file. I suspect I
must tweak something somewhere but I am not sure where:
\setuppapersize[letter][letter]
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
\startuseMPgraphic{dummy}
fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\useMPgraphic{dummy}

The above is a graphic.

\vfil
\stoptext

The resultant test-mpgraph.1 (PostScript) file  has a gray
quarter-circle in the lower left corner. The test.pdf file has the
text sentence but no graphic at all.

I can create the test circle successfully from metapost ignoring
Context altogether. But the above steps fail somewhere.

--
John Culleton

* Re: Metafun error
@ 2003-05-21 19:33       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-05-21 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 14:22 21/05/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Two questions:
>Do I also need to install the separate Metafun zip file or is this
>included in the Context zip?

included

>Do I unzip the distro in /usr/TeX/texmf or further down the tree?

in /usr/TeX/texmf-local and then "mktexlsr" and "texexec --make"

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Metafun error
@ 2003-05-21 18:22     ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-05-21 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 08:13 am, Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 18:16 20/05/2003 +0200, you wrote:
> >On dinsdag, mei 20, 2003, at 17:59 Europe/Amsterdam, John Culleton wrote:
> >>This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.7x)
> >>(test-mpgraph.mp

> >>! Equation cannot be performed (numeric=boolean).
> >><to be read again>
> >>                    ;
> >>l.23 spotcolors := true ;
> >>
> >>Any ideas?
> >
> >Have you recently updated your context installation? If so, something may
> >have gone wrong there, I once had the same problem. Some files were moved
> >or renamed, and is a standard reinstall are _not_ overwritten by the new
> >version. Mixing and old and a new version is not a good idea.
>
> the metapost code moved down one level (now in metapost/context/base) so
> that users etc can have files in /user etc as well
>
> Hans
I tried a fresh reinstall of TeX on a new install of Slackware. I used
TeXLive 2002 for the TeX install. Then I tried the same test file and
got similar messages.

I am now back to my original partition. I will wipe out TeX and
reinstall TeXLive, then update to the latest Context distro.

@ 2003-05-21 12:13   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-05-21 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-05-20 16:16 ` Maarten Sneep
From: Maarten Sneep @ 2003-05-20 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

wrote:
> This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.7x)
> (test-mpgraph.mp
>>> spotcolors
>>> true
> ! Equation cannot be performed (numeric=boolean).
> <to be read again>
>                    ;
> l.23 spotcolors := true ;

> Any ideas?

Have you recently updated your context installation? If so, something
may have gone wrong there, I once had the same problem. Some files were
moved or renamed, and is a standard reinstall are _not_ overwritten by
the new version. Mixing and old and a new version is not a good idea.

Solution: remove the current context related stuff from
texmf/tex/context and texmf/metapost/context and reinstall.

Maarten

A prune isn't really a vegetable... Cabbage is a vegetable

* Re: Metafun error
@ 2003-05-20 16:15 ` Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2003-05-20 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:59:27AM -0400, John Culleton wrote:
> (test-mpgraph.mp
> >> spotcolors
> >> true
> ! Equation cannot be performed (numeric=boolean).
> <to be read again>
>                    ;
> l.23 spotcolors := true ;
> ---------------------------
> on the second pass.

It seems that your metafun is out of date (not synced with ConTeXt).
Running texexec --make metafun in your web2c or any equivalent
directory might help.

/S

* Metafun error
@ 2003-05-20 15:59 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-05-20 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just got back into Metafun. I used the example program from page 5 of
the manual:
\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
\startuseMPgraphic{dummy}
fill fullcircle scaled 5cm withcolor red;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\useMPgraphic{dummy}
\stoptext
When I run

texexec test.tex I get:
-----------------------------
This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.7x)
(test-mpgraph.mp
>> spotcolors
>> true
! Equation cannot be performed (numeric=boolean).
<to be read again>
                   ;
l.23 spotcolors := true ;
---------------------------
on the second pass.

If I eliminate the red color it still doesn't work.

The file test-mpgraph.mp contains these lines which look ok:

cmykcolors := true ;
spotcolors := true ;
color OverlayColor, OverlayLineColor ;

If I just generate the graphic with