* ConTeXt in the cloud
@ 2013-08-30 20:59 Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد @ 2013-08-30 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear gang,

Since I work with context at both my home and my work machines, I'm
thinking of moving my context tree to dropbox and just keeping that one
tree updated. Have any of you tried something like this, and are there any
unforeseen issues that could arise?

Or are there any other thoughts about running ConTeXt as a personal cloud
application?

Best wishes
Idris
--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: ConTeXt in the cloud
@ 2013-08-30 22:26 ` Material Defender
From: Material Defender @ 2013-08-30 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I've my one-ConTeXt-document-so-far in my ownCloud and its feeling
quite cozy there :-)

On 30 August 2013 22:59, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <
ishamid@colostate.edu> wrote:

> Dear gang,
>
> Since I work with context at both my home and my work machines, I'm
> thinking of moving my context tree to dropbox and just keeping that one
> tree updated. Have any of you tried something like this, and are there any
> unforeseen issues that could arise?
>
> Or are there any other thoughts about running ConTeXt as a personal cloud
> application?
>
> Best wishes
> Idris
> --
> Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
> Department of Philosophy
> Colorado State University
> Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: ConTeXt in the cloud
@ 2013-08-30 22:45   ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-08-30 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

What about the NSA?

Alan

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 00:26:56 +0200
Material Defender <materialdefender2306@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I've my one-ConTeXt-document-so-far in my ownCloud and its
> feeling quite cozy there :-)
>

> On 30 August 2013 22:59, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <
> ishamid@colostate.edu> wrote:
>
> > Dear gang,
> >
> > Since I work with context at both my home and my work machines, I'm
> > thinking of moving my context tree to dropbox and just keeping that
> > one tree updated. Have any of you tried something like this, and
> > are there any unforeseen issues that could arise?
> >
> > Or are there any other thoughts about running ConTeXt as a personal
> > cloud application?
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Idris

* Re: ConTeXt in the cloud
@ 2013-08-31  6:45     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2013-08-31  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2013-08-31 um 04:45 schrieb Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr>:

> What about the NSA?

TeX’s license also applies to the NSA and other organizations out of jurisdiction…

"Material Defender", Idris’s question was not about single documents but the TeX tree - since it gets synchronized to each of your harddisks by Dropbox, I don’t see why it shouldn’t work. If you use different OSes, you must care about including different binaries, the same as with a file server installation.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net