* Tables query (notes, MKII)
@ 2009-06-09 15:43 Bowen Alan C.
From: Bowen Alan C. @ 2009-06-09 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

I need a table that has local notes, but have not been able to get
them into the proper position (at the left margin of the table) or
the the proper length ( extending full length of table if needed).
What am I missing in the following reduced example?

\starttext

\startlocalfootnotes[conversion=character]
\placetable[][]
{}
\placelegend
{\starttables[|p|p|p|p|p|p|]
\NC numbers
	\NC (*) \footnote{This is the first footnote.}
	\NC stuff \footnote{This is the second footnote.}
	\NC stuff\footnote{This is the third footnote.}
	\NC more stuff\footnote{This is the fourth footnote}
	\NC and yet more	\NC\SR
  \HL
\stoptables}
{\placelocalfootnotes}
\stoplocalfootnotes

\stoptext

Alan

* Re: Tables query (notes, MKII)
@ 2009-06-09 22:25 ` Bowen Alan C.
From: Bowen Alan C. @ 2009-06-09 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

After some experimentation, it became clear that to place the local
notes properly, one must use \note[...] and \footnotetext[...]{}, and
put the series of \footnotetext entries just before
\placelocalfootnotes.

A.

On Jun 9, 2009, at 11;43,46 , Bowen Alan C. wrote:

> I need a table that has local notes, but have not been able to get
> them into the proper position (at the left margin of the table) or
> the the proper length ( extending full length of table if needed).
> What am I missing in the following reduced example?
>
> \starttext
>
> \startlocalfootnotes[conversion=character]
> \placetable[][]
> {}
> \placelegend
> {\starttables[|p|p|p|p|p|p|]
> \NC numbers
> 	\NC (*) \footnote{This is the first footnote.}
> 	\NC stuff \footnote{This is the second footnote.}
> 	\NC stuff\footnote{This is the third footnote.}
> 	\NC more stuff\footnote{This is the fourth footnote}
> 	\NC and yet more	\NC\SR
>  \HL
> \stoptables}
> {\placelocalfootnotes}
> \stoplocalfootnotes
>
> \stoptext
>
> Alan

* Re: Tables query (notes, MKII)
@ 2009-06-11 15:05 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-06-11 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Alan,

I tried your code. Here with the latest beta and minimals from
11-06-2009 MKIV: I get the footnotes at the left margin and they will
fill the whole width of the table and break lines correctly. However
the conversion of the numbers into characters does not work. Instead
the [conversion=characters] is displayed at the top of the file. - I
assume, that this is an issue related to the new sectioning code...

Otherwise compliation of your code in MKII results in a correct
conversion of the numbers to characters, but indeed the width is
restricted to a fairly small column. You can circumvent this by
adding a width= to the list of options [conversion=characters, width=
\.9\textwidth]

Kind regards

Willi
On Jun 9, 2009, at 5:43 PM, Bowen Alan C. wrote:

> I need a table that has local notes, but have not been able to get
> them into the proper position (at the left margin of the table) or
> the the proper length ( extending full length of table if needed).
> What am I missing in the following reduced example?
>
> \starttext
>
> \startlocalfootnotes[conversion=character]
> \placetable[][]
> {}
> \placelegend
> {\starttables[|p|p|p|p|p|p|]
> \NC numbers
> 	\NC (*) \footnote{This is the first footnote.}
> 	\NC stuff \footnote{This is the second footnote.}
> 	\NC stuff\footnote{This is the third footnote.}
> 	\NC more stuff\footnote{This is the fourth footnote}
> 	\NC and yet more	\NC\SR
>  \HL
> \stoptables}
> {\placelocalfootnotes}
> \stoplocalfootnotes
>
> \stoptext
>
> Alan

> ntg-context
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Tables query (notes, MKII)
@ 2009-06-11 15:16   ` Bowen Alan C.
From: Bowen Alan C. @ 2009-06-11 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Willi. I am now using the very latest ConTeXt minimals and
find that setting width=fit works too.

All best, Alan