* definebodyfont vs. definebodyfontenvironment
@ 2006-02-02 10:20 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-02-02 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear wizards of ConTeXt,

may I bother you with a small question about my typescripts (yes,
that is a minor obsession with me...).

I have two fonts defined in typescripts, font bar is scaled at a
certain factor to match the size of font foo. If I specify an
"unusual" size for the bodyfont (say 19.5pt), I have to put these
lines in my preamble:

\definebodyfontenvironment[19.5pt]

\starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
   \definebodyfont
     [19.5pt] [rm] [default]
\stoptypescript

and I get the output I want, but alas, not in the footnotes: there,
font bar is not scaled. Would it help to add the size of the footnote
font in these definitions explicitly? And what would this size be (I
thought it was "small" which should default to 19.5/1.2=13.83, but
adding 13.8pt didn't work)? I tried to read font-ini.tex, but this line

            {\doifdefined{\s!default########1####1}

made my head explode...

Thanks, and best

Thomas

* Re: definebodyfont vs. definebodyfontenvironment
@ 2006-02-02 10:38 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-02 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Dear wizards of ConTeXt,
>
> may I bother you with a small question about my typescripts (yes,
> that is a minor obsession with me...).
>
> I have two fonts defined in typescripts, font bar is scaled at a
> certain factor to match the size of font foo. If I specify an
> "unusual" size for the bodyfont (say 19.5pt), I have to put these
> lines in my preamble:
>
> \definebodyfontenvironment[19.5pt]
>
> \starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
>    \definebodyfont
>      [19.5pt] [rm] [default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> and I get the output I want, but alas, not in the footnotes: there,
> font bar is not scaled. Would it help to add the size of the footnote
> font in these definitions explicitly?

In general, yes.

>  And what would this size be ? I thought it was "small"

It is the token "small", but it would be easier to set it to an
explicit value. If you use

    \setupfootnotes[bodyfont=14.4pt]

you don't even need a \definebodyfontenvironment, because it is
predefined. (untested)

Cheers,
Taco

* Re: definebodyfont vs. definebodyfontenvironment
@ 2006-02-02 11:24   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-02-02 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 2, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> It is the token "small", but it would be easier to set it to an
> explicit value. If you use
>
>     \setupfootnotes[bodyfont=14.4pt]
>
> you don't even need a \definebodyfontenvironment, because it is
> predefined. (untested)
>
> Cheers,
> Taco

Taco, great, this seems to do the job! I think I will now be able to
release a new version of my Greek module (and apologies to Matthias
Weber, with this new version, Gentium will be included, so you
wouldn't have had all the trouble).

Thanks, and best

Thomas