* calling and placing an epd picture file
@ 1998-07-30 12:53 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 1998-07-30 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

said Hans Hagen  to All:

> So I guess I must keep any EPS files in the current directory?

 HH> No, you can add .; to your DVIPS psfiles path (see texmf.cnf).

 HH> somepath=.;c:/frans/eps;c:/funny/pictures

I tried to find that line in texmf.cnf but couldn't find it. There is a
line like

TEXPSHEADERS = .;$TEXMF/dvips//;$dbfonts//type1//

that until now I've commented out, but I don't think this is the one.

Also, since I use the 4TEX program to run DVIPS, I'm not sure this DVIPS
will be reading any info from the "texmf.cnf" file...

Met hartelijke groet!

 Frans Goddijn   | bbs: +31 (0)26 3217041
 Postbus 30196   | email: fg@fgbbs.iaf.nl
 6803 AD Arnhem  | tel: +31 (0)26 3219342
 The Netherlands | http://www.iaf.nl/Users/Meridian
--
You are what you is

* Re: calling and placing an epd picture file
@ 1998-07-30 15:32 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-07-30 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Frans Goddijn wrote:

> TEXPSHEADERS = .;$TEXMF/dvips//;$dbfonts//type1//
>
> that until now I've commented out, but I don't think this is the one.

It is.

Hans

                                              Hans Hagen | PRAGMA
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: calling and placing an epd picture file
@ 1998-07-29 15:38 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-07-29 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

@ 1998-07-29 12:43 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 1998-07-29 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ton explained to me that the eps file path can't be given in the command.
I have now placed this command in the toip of my file:

\stelexternefigurenin[gebied=c:/ourfiles/eps/]

So now TeX knows where to get this file. Luckily, it could also take the
bounding box info from that file.

DVIPS couldn't find the given EPS though, at printing time. After I copied
the EPS to the directory where the .TEX file also resides, this was
solved.

So I guess I must keep any EPS files in the current directory?

\regelmidden{
\externfiguur
        [lsylogo.eps]
        [breedte=4cm]
%         [breedte=.2\zetbreedte]   % Ton's good suggestion
%         [breedte=4cm,methode=eps] % eps spec not necessary
        }