* transparent colors
@ 2016-05-19 20:35 Meer, Hans van der
From: Meer, Hans van der @ 2016-05-19 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

With \definecolor[colorname][r=,g=,b=] one defines a color of name "colorname" for use in ConTeXt and in Metapost.
A transparentcolor comes with \definecolor[transparentcolorname][r=,g=,b=,a=,t=]

Problem: how to define a transparent color with \definetransparentcolor[#1][#2][#3]{...}.
To be called for example as \definetransparentcolor[transparentcolorname][colorname][0.5] for color "colorname" with transparency 0.5.

I tried to do this by intercepting from \definecolor the vales "r=,g=,b=" in a macro \colornamergb to be called as \csname..\endcsname for the varying colorname and feeding that to a definecolor-variant. However, the parsing of  r=,g=,b= then goes wrong (\futurelet balking).

Question: is there a direct way to derive a transparent colorvariant from a parent one without transparency? The usefulness of this comes from the fact that for things like \definecolor[lighthoneydew][r=.894117,g=.95,b=.894117] the numbers need not be feed more than once.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: transparent colors
@ 2016-05-20  8:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-05-20  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/19/2016 10:35 PM, Meer, Hans van der wrote:
> With \definecolor[colorname][r=,g=,b=] one defines a color of name "colorname" for use in ConTeXt and in Metapost.
> A transparentcolor comes with \definecolor[transparentcolorname][r=,g=,b=,a=,t=]
>
> Problem: how to define a transparent color with \definetransparentcolor[#1][#2][#3]{...}.
> To be called for example as \definetransparentcolor[transparentcolorname][colorname][0.5] for color "colorname" with transparency 0.5.
>
> I tried to do this by intercepting from \definecolor the vales "r=,g=,b=" in a macro \colornamergb to be called as \csname..\endcsname for the varying colorname and feeding that to a definecolor-variant. However, the parsing of  r=,g=,b= then goes wrong (\futurelet balking).
>
> Question: is there a direct way to derive a transparent colorvariant from a parent one without transparency? The usefulness of this comes from the fact that for things like \definecolor[lighthoneydew][r=.894117,g=.95,b=.894117] the numbers need not be feed more than once.

\starttext

     \definespotcolor[redA][red][p=1]
     \definespotcolor[redB][red][p=.5]
     \definespotcolor[redC][redB][t=.5,a=1]