From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
	Youssef Cherem via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Cc: Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: \thanks inside author in section
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 13:32:03 +0100	[thread overview]

Youssef Cherem via ntg-context schrieb am 01.01.2022 um 13:10:
> I've tried to implement a journal-like footnote with the authors'
> affiliation for each section/chapter, by adapting things from the wiki
> (https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Table_of_Contents#Author_in_ToC and
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/LaTeX_Thanks). However, one thing that
> bugs me is that any note name I choose other than "thanks" does not
> work, and I have no clue why. Am I missing something, or is there a more
> elegant way to implement this?
>
> As an aside, I'd rather have the footnotes below the "thanks" notes. Is
> there any option that does this?
>
> [...]

Do you have a example where anything besides \thanks fails. I changed
\thanks to another commands in the example below and there was no
problem to do so. The only thing you *have* to do when you change the
command is to remove the auxiliary file (context --purge) because the
old (non existing) command is otherwise used in the next run which
results then in an error message.

\setuplist
   [section]
   [textcommand=\SectionTocEntry,
          after=\blank]

\define[1]\SectionTocEntry
   {\doifsomething{\rawstructurelistuservariable{author}}
      {{\it\structurelistuservariable{author}} --\crlf}%
    #1%
    \doifsomething{\rawstructurelistuservariable{subtitle}}
      {\crlf\structurelistuservariable{subtitle}}}

\setuphead
   [section]
   [ after=\directsetup{section},
     align=center,
    number=no,
     style=bold]

\startsetups [section]
     \blank
     \midaligned{\it\structureuservariable{author}}
     \blank
\stopsetups

\setuphead
   [subject]
   [align=flushleft,
    style=\bfb]

\definenote[someothername]

\setupnote
   [someothername]
   [rule=off]

\setupnotation
   [someothername]
   [numberconversion=set 2]

\setupnotation
   [alternative=left,
           hang=fit,
      indenting={yes,small},
     indentnext=yes]

\setupinteraction
   [        state=start,
            color=,
    contrastcolor=]

\starttext

\subject{Grande lista de autores}

\placecontent[alternative=c]

\startsection[title={Whatever}][author={A. Uthor},subtitle={I’d like to
say}]
This is a section.
\stopsection

\startsection[title={Segunda seção}][author={Fulano de
Tal},subtitle={Uma segunda seção de teste}]
This is a section.
\stopsection

\startsection[title={Terceira seção}][author={Alberto de
Paiva\someothername{asdf}},subtitle={Uma terceira seção de teste}]
This is a section.
\stopsection

\startsection[title={Três autores}][author={Sicrano de
Tal\someothername{Universidade de Tangerinas} e Alberto
Steinenberg\someothername{Universidade de Nilfgaard}},
subtitle={Uma seção de teste com dois autores e comentário}]
This is a section.\footnote{Só de teste.}
\stopsection

\stoptext

Wolfgang