* Re: U3D inclusion
@ 2010-01-27 14:53 gummybears
From: gummybears @ 2010-01-27 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

The files you asked, are attached.
Thanks

[-- Attachment #2: 3d.tex --]

[-- Attachment #3: loading.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 18283 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #4: cubes.prc --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.palm, Size: 27272 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #5: 3d.tex --]

* Re: U3D inclusion
@ 2010-03-28 10:32   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-03-28 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27-3-2010 18:50, Michail Vidiassov wrote:

> Most likely a typo bug in lpdf-u3d (at the start of make3dview - if you
> are listening, Hans ;)
> Have a fix for that too.

what typo?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: U3D inclusion
@ 2010-03-27 17:50 ` Michail Vidiassov
From: Michail Vidiassov @ 2010-03-27 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gummybears (and hopefully Hans),

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010, gummybears wrote:

> After a couple of tests here are my findings
>
> *) The preview does not work at this moment. I only see a light blue square which can be activated.
> After which the 3d viewer shows the embedded 3d image
The developers are waiting for some functions to appear in luatex before
doing the preview "the right way". I have a patch implementing preview "somehow".

> *) Specifying several views as shown in back-u3d.mkiv shows up in the resulting pdf as "unknown view"
Most likely a typo bug in lpdf-u3d (at the start of make3dview - if you are listening, Hans ;)
Have a fix for that too.

> *) I also experimented with different values for coo, c2c, roll etc. When not specifying any of these settings
> the embedded 3d is always shown with the incorrect roll i.e the roll is always 90 degrees off

Most likely my fault, but there are different points of view on what is
default camera position (moview15, Asymptote, OpenGL, U3D, Adobe Viewer),
so most likely the default default is not the one Asymtote expects.
Plus Asymptote is micromanaging things - it not only sets camera,
but also moves the model itself, to be better seen, apparently.
We'll have to dig into that someday - see you on Asymptote forum if
you wanna play and have time for technicalities.

                                      Sincerely, Michail
PS. Sorry for slow answer - had to fix Asymptote PRC output first.

* Re: U3D inclusion
@ 2010-01-24 21:55 ` Michail Vidiassov
From: Michail Vidiassov @ 2010-01-24 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gummybears,

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010, gummybears wrote:

> For anyone interested, the 3d file was produced with Asymptote 1.91 (http://asymptote.sourceforge.net/)

May you provide asy, png, prc and pdf (both ConTeXt and Asymptote->LaTeX versions)?

        Sincerely, Michail
PS. That was me who was to test that u3d/prc incusion code...

* U3D inclusion
@ 2010-01-23 16:52 gummybears
From: gummybears @ 2010-01-23 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context