With the help of Wolfgang (thanks) the solution is (tested) \setupformulas[prefix=yes,prefixsegments=chapter:section,way=bysection] On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 10:40 PM, gummybears wrote: > To all interested > > I found a simpler solution, not knowing how prefixsegments really work, but > mainly understand > from this example, is > > \setupformulas[prefixsegments=chapter:section] > > instead of using > > \setupformulas[prefixsegments=1:100] > > Both setups gives the same numbering scheme of the formula numbers. > Both setups also don't reset the formula number after a new section, it > just > keeps numbering the formulas > > I know I saw a code snippet which does some sort of reset, I think > prefixreset or reset, but > I cannot find it anymore. > >