* bug in lmtx
@ 2021-03-09 20:37 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2021-03-09 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I've found a very interesting bug in lmtx. The following MWE gives the
expected result in mkiv; in lmtx, one character is missing. Perhaps you
can figure out what's happening...

All best

Thomas

\setupbodyfont [gentium, 12pt]

\starttext

Test \hskip1em ἀβ

Test \hskip1em ἁβ

\stoptext

* Re: bug in lmtx
@ 2021-03-09 20:43 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2021-03-09 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz schrieb am 09.03.2021 um 21:37:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I've found a very interesting bug in lmtx. The following MWE gives the
> expected result in mkiv; in lmtx, one character is missing. Perhaps
> you can figure out what's happening...
>
> All best
>
> Thomas
>
> \setupbodyfont [gentium, 12pt]
>
> \starttext
>
> Test \hskip1em ἀβ

Test \hskip1em\relax ἀβ

Wolfgang

* Re: bug in lmtx
@ 2021-03-09 21:36   ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2021-03-09 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 9:44 PM Wolfgang Schuster <
wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thomas A. Schmitz schrieb am 09.03.2021 um 21:37:
> >
> > Test \hskip1em ἀβ
>
> Test \hskip1em\relax ἀβ

This is likely the side effect of new implementation of glues in LMTX,
where you can switch the order (\hskip 3pt minus 1pt plus 2pt) and do some
other tricks. And there are more differences to *The TeXbook *as we know
it, see luametatex.pdf.

Jano

* Re: bug in lmtx
@ 2021-03-10 16:30     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-03-10 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/9/2021 10:36 PM, Jano Kula wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 9:44 PM Wolfgang Schuster
> <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com
> <mailto:wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thomas A. Schmitz schrieb am 09.03.2021 um 21:37:
>      >
>      > Test \hskip1em ἀβ
>
>     Test \hskip1em\relax ἀβ
>

> This is likely the side effect of new implementation of glues in LMTX,
> where you can switch the order (\hskip 3pt minus 1pt plus 2pt) and do
> some other tricks. And there are more differences to /The TeXbook /as we
> know it, see luametatex.pdf.
indeed, but the disappearence is somewhat strange .. sode effect of utf
(second byte is zero) .. fixed in next upload