* issue with defined font feature
@ 2020-12-26 11:58 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-12-26 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

  \setupbodyfont[anothermpface]
  \starttext
  \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
  123324234 --\\
  \ss 12123 -- 123\\
  \tt 12123 -- 123
  \stopTEXpage
  \stoptext

I’m not being able to get both lnum and no en-dashes: the defined font
feature seems to require the default and I cannot get en-dashes disabled
when the default font feature set is enabled.

Does anyone what I am doing wrong here?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: issue with defined font feature
@ 2020-12-26 17:36 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-12-26 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 26.12.2020 um 12:58:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>    \definefontfeature
>      [standarddigits]
>      [lnum=yes,
>       tlig=no]
>    \definefontfamily
>        [anothermpface]
>        [rm]
>        [Gabriola]
>        [features={default}]
>    \definefontfamily
>        [anothermpface]
>        [ss]
>        [Gabriola]
>        [features={default, standarddigits}]
>    \definefontfamily
>        [anothermpface]
>        [tt]
>        [Gabriola]
>        [features={standarddigits}]
>    \setupbodyfont[anothermpface]
>    \starttext
>    \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
>    123324234 --\\
>    \ss 12123 -- 123\\
>    \tt 12123 -- 123
>    \stopTEXpage
>    \stoptext
>
> I’m not being able to get both lnum and no en-dashes: the defined font
> feature seems to require the default and I cannot get en-dashes disabled
> when the default font feature set is enabled.

You need "script=auto" (or a valid argument for the script key) in your
font features for the monospaced font.

Another option is to use "features={always,standarddigits}" but this
enables kerning and ligatures.

Wolfgang

* Re: issue with defined font feature
@ 2020-12-26 19:05   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-12-26 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 26.12.2020 um 12:58:
>> I have the following sample:
>> [...]
>> I’m not being able to get both lnum and no en-dashes: the defined font
>> feature seems to require the default and I cannot get en-dashes disabled
>> when the default font feature set is enabled.
>
> You need "script=auto" (or a valid argument for the script key) in your
> font features for the monospaced font.
>
> Another option is to use "features={always,standarddigits}" but this
> enables kerning and ligatures.

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

It works like a charm.

Many thanks for your help,