From: Max Chernoff <mseven@telus.net>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: [NTG-context] Re: PDF, runner, and TikZ patches
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 01:30:50 -0600	[thread overview]

Hi Aditya, Jim,

On Fri, 2024-03-15 at 01:53 +0100, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2024, Jim wrote:
> > were you hoping the ConTeXt distribution would ship its own
> > pgfutil-context.def, or were you hoping that someone could convince Henri
> > to put the RGB change in?
>
> We can patch some of the definitions of pgfutil-context.def in m-tikz
> if really needed, but it would be preferable to first check if tikz
> maintainers are willing to merge them upstream.

Ah, okay. I was under the impression that the LMTX standalone
distribution carried a ton of TikZ patches and that ConTeXt patches
weren't really merged upstream, but it sounds like there are only a
couple small patches and upstream does merge ConTeXt patches. I'll
rebase my PR and check with upstream again. Thanks!

On Thu, 2024-03-14 at 20:53 -0300, Jim wrote:
> were you hoping the ConTeXt distribution would ship its own
> pgfutil-context.def, or were you hoping that someone could convince Henri
> to put the RGB change in?

I've seen a few TikZ bugs/patches resolved on this list, and I know that
the LMTX standalone distribution carries patches for TikZ (although
fewer than I thought?), so this seemed like the right place to start.

> And, if anyone has the will to push this (or add it in to a ConTeXt
> distribution version), I'd still like the cmyk support, even if there is no
> ability to specify colour profiles:
>
> \def\pgfutil(a)emu@cmyk#1#2,#3,#4,#5\@nil
> {
>     \pgfmathsetmacro{\@red@}{(1 - #2) * (1 - #5)}%
>     \pgfmathsetmacro{\@green@}{(1 - #3) * (1 - #5)}%
>     \pgfmathsetmacro{\@blue@}{(1 - #4) * (1 - #5)}%
>     \expandafter\edef\csname\string\color@#1\endcsname
>     {\noexpand\xcolor@ {}{}{rgb}{\@red@,\@green@,\@blue@}}
> }
>
> I don't see that it would hurt anything, even if it doesn't give complete
> cmyk support.

I need to rebase my current PGF PR anyways, so I'll add this in with it.

Thanks,
-- Max

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl