* Vertical spacing
@ 2007-06-22 22:17 Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2007-06-22 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list!

I'd like to be able to add vertical spacing before a chapter title on
the first page of a chapter, and also I want to control spacing before
and after section titles with something different than the
\setupwhitespace value, which I want to keep for default spacing
between paragraphs. How does one achieve this? I've tried using \blank
with after= and before= parameters in \setuphead, but to no avail!

Thanks all for your help, as always.
Jeff

* Re: Vertical spacing
@ 2007-06-23 16:26 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-06-23 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 00:17:27 +0200
"Jeff Smith" <ascarel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> I'd like to be able to add vertical spacing before a chapter title on
> the first page of a chapter, and also I want to control spacing before
> and after section titles with something different than the
> \setupwhitespace value, which I want to keep for default spacing
> between paragraphs. How does one achieve this? I've tried using \blank
> with after= and before= parameters in \setuphead, but to no avail!
>
> Thanks all for your help, as always.
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

the following works for me:

\starttext

\chapter{Knuth}
\input knuth

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [before={\blank[force,2cm]}]

\chapter{Knuth}
\input knuth

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Vertical spacing
@ 2007-06-23 16:39   ` Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2007-06-23 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oh, right. This works. Two parameters with a comma; I need to remember
the cases where this is possible!

Thanks a lot!

Jeff

> Hi Jeff,
>
> the following works for me:
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{Knuth}
> \input knuth
>
> \setuphead
>   [chapter]
>   [before={\blank[force,2cm]}]
>
> \chapter{Knuth}
> \input knuth
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: Vertical spacing
@ 2007-06-23 19:46     ` Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2007-06-23 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I spoke a bit fast.

I'd still like to control the vertical spacing _after_ a title with
another command than \setupwhitespace. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

* Re: Vertical spacing
@ 2007-06-23 21:40       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-06-23 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007, Jeff Smith wrote:

> Well, I spoke a bit fast.
>
> I'd still like to control the vertical spacing _after_ a title with
> another command than \setupwhitespace. Is it possible?

\setuphead[section][after={\blank[big]}]

Aditya

* Re: Vertical spacing
@ 2007-06-24  9:12         ` Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2007-06-24  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again!

On 6/23/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> \setuphead[section][after={\blank[big]}]

Is this the only way? The thing is, between my section title and the
text, I want vertical spacing roughly equal to my interlinespace, not
my "whitespace" (as the spacing between paragraphs with
\setupwhitespace). The former is a smaller value than the latter, and
with after= and \blank it doesn't work as long as I specify such a
smaller value. It only works when I want extra spacing, but I want
less. How does one achieve this?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

* Re: Vertical spacing
@ 2007-06-24 12:23           ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-06-24 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:12:00 +0200
"Jeff Smith" <ascarel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> On 6/23/07, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> > \setuphead[section][after={\blank[big]}]
>
> Is this the only way? The thing is, between my section title and the
> text, I want vertical spacing roughly equal to my interlinespace, not
> my "whitespace" (as the spacing between paragraphs with
> \setupwhitespace). The former is a smaller value than the latter, and
> with after= and \blank it doesn't work as long as I specify such a
> smaller value. It only works when I want extra spacing, but I want
> less. How does one achieve this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Jeff

\setuphead[section][after=\nowhitespace]

\starttext

\section{Knuth}

\input knuth

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Vertical spacing
@ 2007-06-24 17:36             ` Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2007-06-24 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

That works. Thank you very much! I must find a way to come to grips
with those simple commands!

Jeff