* No header text on last page
@ 2007-08-22  1:17 Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2007-08-22  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again everyone!

I've searched the archive but couldn't find the solution to my current problem.

In my document, the chapter name and number disappear from the header
text on the last page.  It's like the \getmarking doesn't work anymore
and all I see is the period (.) that I use to separate the two info in
the header text. The page number, for its part, is perfectly fine.

I've made several tests and it's always the last page of the document,
no matter the number of chapters.

The problem is not an empty _page_ at the end of the document. I
repeat it's a disappearing chapter name and number from the header.

To make things easier, I attach a sample document with my current
environment file and a dummy chapter. Just compile test.tex.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for any help. It's always well appreciated.

Jeff Smith

[-- Attachment #2: jfs_endpageheaderproblem.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 1909 bytes --]

* Re: No header text on last page
@ 2007-08-22  8:05 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-22  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What am I doing wrong?
I don't know, but file in attachment compiles well.
Maybe something with components.
--
luigi

[-- Attachment #2: test0001a.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 1314 bytes --]

* Re: No header text on last page
@ 2007-08-22 14:57   ` Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2007-08-22 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

On 8/22/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What am I doing wrong?
> I don't know, but file in attachment compiles well.
> Maybe something with components.
> --
> luigi

I fail to see the link between your file and mine?

Jeff

* Re: No header text on last page
@ 2007-08-22 16:21     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-22 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/22/07, Jeff Smith <ascarel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 8/22/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > What am I doing wrong?
> > I don't know, but file in attachment compiles well.
> > Maybe something with components.
> > --
> > luigi
>
> I fail to see the link between your file and mine?
I simply merge
env_these.tex
with
chap1.tex
without using
 \startproduct test
\environment env_these

\startbodymatter
        \component chap1
\stopbodymatter

\stopproduct

The result is almost the same, but in my pdf headings are good.
I don't know very well \component machinery,
are you sure that your file is correct ?

--
luigi

* Re: No header text on last page
@ 2007-08-22 19:20       ` Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2007-08-22 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again!

On 8/22/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
> I simply merge
> env_these.tex
> with
> chap1.tex
> without using
>  \startproduct test
> \environment env_these
> The result is almost the same, but in my pdf headings are good.
> I don't know very well \component machinery,
> are you sure that your file is correct ?

Well, your attachment contains something obviously coded in lua (it
starts with a \directlua command) that has to do with fonts. I see
nothing pertaining to my own files (the filenames, the content, etc.)
Did you send the right attachment? :-)

I will try myself to merge them. Until now, everything worked fine
across many components (like the page number, and the footers), so I
didn't think it could have been that, but I'll investigate and come
back later about it.

Thanks!
Jeff

* Re: No header text on last page
@ 2007-08-22 20:10         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-22 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Did you send the right attachment? :-)
No, of course.
It's chap1a.zip .

--
luigi

[-- Attachment #2: chap1a.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 1499 bytes --]

* Re: No header text on last page
@ 2007-08-23  1:16           ` Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2007-08-23  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I merged the files too and, just as you said, they worked.

Toying around a bit with my files, I found out what's the problem, but
I can't understand it! It's in my product file:

\startproduct test
\environment env_these

\startbodymatter
       \component chap1
\stopbodymatter

\stopproduduct

The culprit is \startbodymatter ... \stopbodymatter. If I remove the
bodymatter command and compile, my header text appears on the last
page.

What's wrong, anyone?! I know that ConTeXt can compile at the product
level, but is it because I specify no project at all? I'm going to
investigate further in this direction.

Thanks!
Jeff

* Re: No header text on last page
@ 2007-08-23  2:59             ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-23  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/23/07, Jeff Smith <ascarel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I merged the files too and, just as you said, they worked.
>
> Toying around a bit with my files, I found out what's the problem, but
> I can't understand it! It's in my product file:
>
> \startproduct test
> \environment env_these
>
> \startbodymatter
>        \component chap1
> \stopbodymatter
>
> \stopproduduct
>
> The culprit is \startbodymatter ... \stopbodymatter. If I remove the
> bodymatter command and compile, my header text appears on the last
> page.
>
> What's wrong, anyone?! I know that ConTeXt can compile at the product
> level, but is it because I specify no project at all? I'm going to
> investigate further in this direction.

I don't know very well project/product/component
following
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Project_structure
these work ok.

%%% tprj.tex
\startproject tprj
\environment env_these
\product test
\stopproject

%%% test.tex
\startproduct test
\project tprj
\component chap1
\stopproduct

%%% chap1.tex
\startcomponent chap1
\project tprj
\product test
\Chapitre{Introduction générale}
\dorecurse{1}{\input tufte}
\dorecurse{2}{\input tufte}
\Sujet{Pourquoi l'épistémologie?}
\dorecurse{4}{\input knuth}
\Sujet{Linguistique et philosophie}
\dorecurse{2}{\input tufte}
\dorecurse{6}{\input knuth}
\Aspect{Épistémologie et philosophie des sciences}
\dorecurse{4}{\input knuth}
\Aspect{Histoire et philosophie des sciences}\dorecurse{2}{\input knuth}
\stopcomponent

--
luigi

* Re: No header text on last page
@ 2007-08-23  4:10               ` Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2007-08-23  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Your example works Luigi because it doesn't make use of
\startbodymatter ... \stopbodymatter. So, anyone, *where* are those
supposed to go?

Thanks!
Jeff