* Bib module: more \setupcite options?
@ 2009-02-10  4:00 Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2009-02-10  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all (or Taco? :-)),

My a-key to use with the \cite command and my bib database doesn't
seem to work when I have more than two authors/editors. Here is my
data:

\startpublication[n=40,t=editedbook,k=Burton-RobertsEtAl2000,a={{Burton-Roberts},{Carr},{Docherty}},y=2000]
\editor[]{Noël}[N.]{}{Burton-Roberts}
\editor[]{Philip}[P.]{}{Carr}
\editor[]{Gerard}[G.]{}{Docherty}
\title{Phonological knowledge. Conceptual and empirical issues}
\pubname{Oxford University Press}
\city{New York/Oxford}
\pages{352}
\pubyear{2000}
\stoppublication

My setup is simple, I use all the defaults. Meaning, I don't have any
\setupcite specification in my environment file.

So, when I use the following command:

\cite{Burton-RobertsEtAl2000}

I get the following output:

 (2000)

If I just remove one name in the a key, like this:

\startpublication[n=40,t=editedbook,k=Burton-RobertsEtAl2000,a={{Burton-Roberts},{Carr}},y=2000]
\editor[]{Noël}[N.]{}{Burton-Roberts}
\editor[]{Philip}[P.]{}{Carr}
\editor[]{Gerard}[G.]{}{Docherty}
\title{Phonological knowledge. Conceptual and empirical issues}
\pubname{Oxford University Press}
\city{New York/Oxford}
\pages{352}
\pubyear{2000}
\stoppublication

With the above \cite command I get the expected:

Roberts et Carr (2000)

Where can I setup this? I see nothing regarding that in the BibTeX
manual. There's a lot covering the publication list at the end, but I
have no problems there, with as many authors (or editors, like in this
case) I want. I get only this behaviour with the \cite command.

Have I missed something?

I'm running mkii version 2008.11.10.

Thanks for any help!
Jeff

* Re: Bib module: more \setupcite options?
@ 2009-02-11 14:43 ` taco
From: taco @ 2009-02-11 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Smith wrote:
> Hi all (or Taco? :-)),
>
> My a-key to use with the \cite command and my bib database doesn't
> seem to work when I have more than two authors/editors. Here is my
> data:

I thought I had created something like a 'authoretallimit' for \cite
keys, but I am not completely certain. I am on the road right now so
I won't have a chance to look at this until next week.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Bib module: more \setupcite options?
@ 2009-02-13 16:08   ` Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2009-02-13 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

No problem, Taco. There's no rush. If needs be I'll remind you of this
issue in the next weeks. In any case thanks for the heads up.

Jeff

@ 2009-02-27  1:07   ` Jeff Smith
From: Jeff Smith @ 2009-02-27  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 09:43, taco <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,

> I thought I had created something like a 'authoretallimit' for \cite
> keys, but I am not completely certain. I am on the road right now so
> I won't have a chance to look at this until next week.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

Would you have some time now to look at this issue? I will copy-paste
what I explained earlier below: