* off topic: acrobat and dde
@ 2005-03-25  9:00 Severin Obertuefer
From: Severin Obertuefer @ 2005-03-25  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi

sorry for the off topic question, but perhaps there is someone here who
can help me.

i need a html page to bee converted into pdf and then to bee printed out
(on a windows machine) without even open the acrobat reader (in the
foreground). I think with dde this should be possible (right?). i
searched some acrobat dde specifications on the net, but I didn't found
anything useful, so is there a location to download them?

if possible i plan to implement oll that stuff with python ...

thanks for help

severin

* Re: off topic: acrobat and dde
@ 2005-03-25 13:25 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-03-25 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.03.2005 um 10:00 schrieb Severin Obertuefer:
> i need a html page to bee converted into pdf and then to bee printed
> out (on a windows machine) without even open the acrobat reader (in
> the foreground). I think with dde this should be possible (right?). i
> searched some acrobat dde specifications on the net, but I didn't
> found anything useful, so is there a location to download them?
> if possible i plan to implement oll that stuff with python ...

I several times tried to remote control Acrobat (with Perl, VB.NET or
Python via COM), but never managed to even only open a document.
With Acrobat 7 it looks better, but I'm not yet as far as that I could
tell you something useful.
Did you try makepy with the Acrobat DLLs?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net

* Re: off topic: acrobat and dde
@ 2005-03-30 15:33   ` Severin Obertuefer
From: Severin Obertuefer @ 2005-03-30 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 25.03.2005 um 10:00 schrieb Severin Obertuefer:
>
>> i need a html page to bee converted into pdf and then to bee printed
>> out (on a windows machine) without even open the acrobat reader (in
>> the foreground). I think with dde this should be possible (right?). i
>> searched some acrobat dde specifications on the net, but I didn't
>> found anything useful, so is there a location to download them?
>> if possible i plan to implement oll that stuff with python ...
>

> I several times tried to remote control Acrobat (with Perl, VB.NET or
> Python via COM), but never managed to even only open a document.
> With Acrobat 7 it looks better, but I'm not yet as far as that I could
> tell you something useful.
> Did you try makepy with the Acrobat DLLs?

if found a small script on the internet that does what I need. It uses
dde to control adobe acrobat 7.

thanks for your answer

severin

> Grüßlis vom Hraban!
> ---
> http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
> http://contextgarden.net

* Re: off topic: acrobat and dde
@ 2005-04-06 18:44     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2005-04-06 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.03.2005 um 17:33 schrieb Severin Obertuefer:
> if found a small script on the internet that does what I need. It uses
> dde to control adobe acrobat 7.

Link?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---