* Miktex 2.7 --- Remove quotes from "%*"
@ 2008-10-01 19:42 dwarnold45
From: dwarnold45 @ 2008-10-01 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Mojca,

OK. Removed quotes, so texmfstart.bat now reads:

@echo off
ruby "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\scripts\context\ruby\texmfstart.rb" %*

This now works:

$ C:\temp>texmfstart texexec --help
TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

TeXExec | --check        check versions
TeXExec | --figures      generate overview of figures
TeXExec | --listing      list of file content
TeXExec | --make         make formats
TeXExec | --modules      generate module documentation
TeXExec | --mpgraphic    process mp file to stand-alone graphics
TeXExec | --mpstatic     process mp/ctx file to stand-alone graphics
TeXExec | --mptex        process mp file
TeXExec | --mpxtex       process mpx file
TeXExec | --pdfarrange   impose pages (booklets)
TeXExec | --pdfcombine   combine multiple pages
TeXExec | --pdfcopy      copy pages from file(s)
TeXExec | --pdfselect    select pages from file(s)
TeXExec | --pdfsplit     split file in pages
TeXExec | --pdftrim      trim pages from file(s)
TeXExec | --process      process file
TeXExec |
TeXExec | --help --all   shows all switches

However, I cannot make the formats. Going to Miktex 2.7->Settings->Formats, attempting to build cont-en results in, even though I've copied cont-en.ini into the directory expected by Miktex 2.7.

Creating the cont-en.pdftex format file...
Running pdftex...
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.4 (MiKTeX 2.7) (INITEX)

entering extended mode

("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\context\config\cont-en.ini")

! Emergency stop.

<*> cont-en.ini

No pages of output.

Transcript written on cont-en.log.

makefmt: pdftex failed on cont-en.ini.
initexmf.EXE: The operation failed for some reason.

So, here is where I stand.

D.

* Re: Miktex 2.7 --- Remove quotes from "%*"
@ 2008-10-01 19:53 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-10-01 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.10.2008 um 21:42 schrieb <dwarnold45@suddenlink.net>:

> Mojca,
>
> OK. Removed quotes, so texmfstart.bat now reads:
>
> @echo off
> ruby "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\scripts\context\ruby
> \texmfstart.rb" %*
>
> This now works:
>
> $ C:\temp>texmfstart texexec --help
> TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
>
> TeXExec | --check        check versions
> TeXExec | --figures      generate overview of figures
> TeXExec | --listing      list of file content
> TeXExec | --make         make formats
> TeXExec | --modules      generate module documentation
> TeXExec | --mpgraphic    process mp file to stand-alone graphics
> TeXExec | --mpstatic     process mp/ctx file to stand-alone graphics
> TeXExec | --mptex        process mp file
> TeXExec | --mpxtex       process mpx file
> TeXExec | --pdfarrange   impose pages (booklets)
> TeXExec | --pdfcombine   combine multiple pages
> TeXExec | --pdfcopy      copy pages from file(s)
> TeXExec | --pdfselect    select pages from file(s)
> TeXExec | --pdfsplit     split file in pages
> TeXExec | --pdftrim      trim pages from file(s)
> TeXExec | --process      process file
> TeXExec |
> TeXExec | --help --all   shows all switches
>
> However, I cannot make the formats. Going to Miktex 2.7->Settings-
> >Formats, attempting to build cont-en results in, even though I've
> copied cont-en.ini into the directory expected by Miktex 2.7.
>
> Creating the cont-en.pdftex format file...
> Running pdftex...
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.4 (MiKTeX 2.7) (INITEX)
>
> entering extended mode
>
> ("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\context\config\cont-en.ini")
>
> ! Emergency stop.
>
> <*> cont-en.ini
>

> No pages of output.
>
> Transcript written on cont-en.log.
>
> makefmt: pdftex failed on cont-en.ini.
> initexmf.EXE: The operation failed for some reason.
>
> So, here is where I stand.

Can't you just use the standaline version from Hans, it includes Perl
and Scite too.

Wolfgang

* Re: Miktex 2.7 --- Remove quotes from "%*"
@ 2008-10-01 20:14 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-10-01 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:42 PM,  <dwarnold45@suddenlink.net> wrote:
> Mojca,
>
> OK. Removed quotes, so texmfstart.bat now reads:
>
> @echo off
> ruby "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\scripts\context\ruby\texmfstart.rb" %*
>
> This now works:
>
> $ C:\temp>texmfstart texexec --help
> TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
>
> However, I cannot make the formats. Going to Miktex 2.7->Settings->Formats, attempting to build cont-en results in, even though I've copied cont-en.ini into the directory expected by Miktex 2.7.
>
> Creating the cont-en.pdftex format file...
> Running pdftex...
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.4 (MiKTeX 2.7) (INITEX)
>
> entering extended mode
>
> ("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\context\config\cont-en.ini")
>
> ! Emergency stop.
>
> <*> cont-en.ini
>

> No pages of output.
>
> Transcript written on cont-en.log.
>
> makefmt: pdftex failed on cont-en.ini.
> initexmf.EXE: The operation failed for some reason.

Can you please check/compare the values with the sones below? I did
not put any ini file anywhere, though I had some issues with formats
(restarting the program helped).

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MikTeX#Make_formats

Make formats

    * Go to Start Menu -> MikTeX 2.7 -> Settings -> Formats -> New ...

Format key: 	ConTeXt 	(could be anything)
Format name: 	cont-en 	(could be anything)
Compiler: 	pdftex
Input file name: 	cont-en.tex
(uncheck) 	Exclude this format ...

    * Choose the newly created format and Build it.
    * For mptopdf uncheck the box for excluding as well.

Mojca

* Re: Miktex 2.7 --- Remove quotes from "%*"
@ 2008-10-02  3:32   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2008-10-02  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca,

Ouch! Ignore my last email.

You had:

> Input file name: 	cont-en.tex

But I had:

> Input file name: 	cont-en.ini

I'll have to pay more attention. I'll try this again tomorrow.

D.

@ 2008-10-02  3:33   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2008-10-02  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang,

Thanks. I am aware of this option. But my students are using Latex,
so we need Miktex. What I need is to get mptopdf running in Miktex.

D.

@ 2008-10-02  8:28     ` Ulrike Fischer
From: Ulrike Fischer @ 2008-10-02  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am Wed, 1 Oct 2008 20:32:06 -0700 schrieb David Arnold:

> You had:
>
>> Input file name: 	cont-en.tex
>
> But I had:
>
>> Input file name: 	cont-en.ini
>
> I'll have to pay more attention. I'll try this again tomorrow.

miktex use in most cases a .ini-file. But this files don't contain much
more than "\input cont-en \dump".

Check if cont-en.tex has a \dump command at the end. If yes you can use
cont.en.tex, if not create such an ini-file.

Btw: there should be a formats-context.ini in your main root which
contains all the entries for the context formats currently disabled in
miktex. You can copy this entries to the formats.ini in your
UserConfig-root. That's a bit faster than using the GUI.  (change if
necessary .ini to .tex)

--
Ulrike Fischer